magnetiser

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the next day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette woke up early that morning to do the last minute touches for Alya's party.She got dressed in a pair of comfortable clothes that she could easily move around in:a pair of soft denim grey jeans with a tight pink top with adjustable sleeves and matching pink pumps with a grey bow on the front.

As soon as she was dressed, Marinette ran down the stairs and greeted her mum and dad,who were already up and baking ready for a day at the bakery.

'morning maman and pere!'

both of the replied at the same time 'morning Marinette!' Marinette always found this cute, how her mum and dad would talk at the same time while saying the same thing it's like they're soulmates! She thought with a giggle

'you're up early, mari?' her mum asked with an eyebrow raised

'yes maman!,it's Alya's birthday today and I'm getting ready for the party'

'ah yes, when is it again?'

'this afternoon, the whole class has gotten ready for it'

Marinette started walking through down the stairs to the bakery kitchen to finish off the cake she had specially prepared for her best friend's birthday, a two tier chocolate cake that was filled with vanilla butter-cream and covered in black icing with the Eiffel tower painted in the background, Marinette walked to the fridge and took out the icing decorations that she had been working on for a week, an icing ladybug and chat noir posed as if they were ready to fight, were then placed onto the cake and then Marinette got out the edible silver glitter from the cupboard and sprinkled it carefully on the black icing,careful not to get it on either the superhero duo or the Eiffel tower that was painted as the background, to look like little pinpricks of stars. To finish the cake off Marinette took out a white icing pen and written 'happy birthday Alya' in an elegant loopy handwriting. Marinette then put the finished cake into the cake box and helped her father, who had just started to put in the party food into the van while Marinette quickly went to grab the cake she had left on the kitchen counter before turning around and almost crashing into her father who had just managed to steady her before she fell down and squished the cake 'haha, mari haven't I told you to be careful and not around before you hurt yourself' Tom laughed out good-naturedly before setting his daughter down and walking over to the awaiting van with his daughter and giving a kiss to his wife on her cheek when he passed by the front counter while she was adding up the total price of a customers order on till.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

half an hour later Marinette and her father had filled the platters that Marinette and her friends had set out with all different types of snacks and Marinette was making space on the main table for Alya's birthday cake that her dad just set down. As soon as the cake was set down, both Marinette and her father stepped back to see the buffet in all it's glory; with all the snacks set around the room and Alya's favourites set on the main table surrounding the birthday cake.

'well done my little sugerplum, Alya is going to love this' said her dad, wrapping an arm around his daughter's shoulders and giving her a kiss on the top of her head 'thanks pere!' Marinette glanced at the clock and froze 'pere, I have to go I'm meeting Alya in twenty minutes and I have to run-and I have to get ready-and grab-and oh my god I-' Tom spun Marinette to the right to face him and put his hands on both shoulders 'calm down Mari, let's get you home so you can grab the presents and your dress then I'll drop you down to the Cesaire's to finish up before you come back here, okay?'

Marinette took a deep breath and looked up gratefully her dad, thanking him before heading back to the van to return to the bakery, when on their way home an akuma attacked and two members of the Dupain-Cheng family were pushed out of the van by a certain leather-covered hero before the van got pulled away by what seemed like nothing, but when Marinette looked up to analyse the situation, she realised the akuma in front of her had the ability of magnetism, and she jumped intoaction thinking of how to get away from her over-protective dad who was trying to pull her to the side when she realised that her father wasn't the only one running off to the side alleys, so she came up with a plan and let it put itself into action she ran towards where her father was pushing her to and then quickly moved slightly to the side so she would get dragged by the people running towards a different alley, she ran off in the other direction as soon as she noticed her dad had lost sight of her 'MARINETTE, WHERE ARE YOU!?COME BACK HERE!'

I'm sorry pere,but I have somewhere to be, I'll be back as soon as I take care of this thought Marinette as she jumped into a doorway of a deserted flower shop and transformed into her alter-ego. As soon as ladybug jumped out of the doorway and in front of the akuma's path the she heard a yelling above her and looked up, only to find Chat Noir getting pulled towards the akuma tail first it must be the metal tip of his tail that's pulling him towards the akuma ladybug threw her yo-yo and it looped around one of Chat's legs, she pulled and chat came tumbling down after getting pulled out of the magnetism's path.

'well hello my lady it seems that I'm falling for you once again' winked Chat

ladybug groaned as she turned to assess the situation that they were in. and realising that while the akuma was made fully of metal there was a small charm around it's neck and called lucky charm, only to have a metal shield that was as big as her fall into her hands, and noticed with surprise that despite it's size it was as light as Chat's staff

ladybug looked around trying to think a solution and looked down at the shield with a smirk, she then shouted at chat to get his attention and told him what to do while throwing the shield as if it was a frisbee towards her partner. Chat started goading the magnetiser (gotta keep with the lame names theme--thanks Hawkmoth) and trying to get him to use his powers to pull chat back towards the akuma-- due to ladybug's plan--and it worked the akuma started pulling chat and the pull was multiplied thanks to the shield that ladybug passed him, as soon as chat was stuck fast against the akuma, he grabbed the charm and threw it towards ladybug 'here, catch my lady!' ladybug caught it,threw it on the floor and smashed it under her heel, before purifying it with a swing of her yo-yo and a 'bye bye little butterfly'by the time the little white butterfly started flying over the rooftops the male half of the superhero duo had already joined her and had a fist held up ready, to which the spotted heroine raised her own fist to with a 'bien joue!'

ladybug heard someone in the distance calling her civilian name and jumped with realisation. Chat noticed 'm-my lady? What's the matter?'

'uh I've gotta go I left my pere back over there, I'll see you later for patrol,Chaton' ladybug swung over a couple of buildings to get out of Chat's view and quickly transformed before running back the way she came, towards her father who was looking for her 'PERE! I'm over here,I'm sorry I got pulled away by everyone running away' she managed to gasp out before her father pulled into a crushing hug

'its okay, at least you're safe' he sighed relieved 'come on lets get back, you have a birthday girl to greet'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

im soo sorry you guys for making you wait so long for this, literally everyday that I didnt upload I felt so bad it's been headache back at mine coz my whole family fell ill n ive just finished this with a banging headache so forgive me if its confusing at parts and comment about it so I can change it to make it easier to read

p.s next chap will be about the party

thanks again for reading my book- lil_fangirl27 out! <3