Chapter 34: Plan

So... A lot of drama followed the end of that last chapter. All I ask is that you don't judge something so much before you see the next chapter, okay? I can't believe you guys would actually hate on me that much. I'm done looking at the comments, because they just make me upset. Thank you to those of you who stayed by my side and made me feel better. 

It only took a few moments for the despair to hit me. 

I love Talon. I love him so much. I'm really close to Gale and Rayne, too. I hate that I left them behind. I keep reminding myself that Crystal is more important, though. She's my newborn child. She's the most important thing in my life right now. If I can take her out of the Games, then that's what I need to do. 

I don't trust Luke. Not one bit. But he's protecting Crystal. I know what he wants from me. He's hoping that this act of kindness will make me fall back in love with him. That won't happen, though. I love Talon. I will marry him someday. I will get him out of the Games. Gale and Rayne, too. There has to be something I can do. Luke is the Head Gamemaker, after all. 

When the doors of the hovercraft opened, I stepped outside as fast as I could. We're inside of a large garage, with a lot of other hovercrafts parked inside. Luke, along with some Peacekeepers, lead me to an elevator. I stepped inside of the elevator, clutching Crystal tightly to my chest. She's sleeping silently. 

"We're going to the top floor first," Luke explained. "That's where President Snow's office is. Then after that I'll show you the game Headquarters. It's just one floor below that." 

I nodded. The doors to the elevator opened up. Instantly, everything became overwhelming. I could see a lot of friendly faces in the room; Katniss, Peeta, Finnick, Haymitch and some guy that I don't recognize. President Snow is in the room, too. Bright lights hung from the top of the room. I had to squint, not used to the saturation. The only light I've seen in the past 8 months is light from the sun, so the electricity is hurting my eyes. 

Peeta was the first one to reach me, holding his arms out. "Can I see her?" He asked.

I smiled, nodded and handed Crystal over to Peeta. He walked to the opposite side of the room, smiling down at her. Luke walked over to President Snow, who was also on the other side of the room. Katniss practically attacked me, hugging me really hard. 

"I need to get them out. Now," I whispered into Katniss' ear, too quiet for anyone else to hear. 

Katniss nodded. "Don't worry. We're way ahead of you," she whispered in response. 

Katniss and I released our embrace, smiling at each other and pretending that nothing was said. I got more hugs from Finnick and Haymitch. I learned that the other guy in the room is Gale Hawthorne, Katniss' childhood friend. All of the attention focused on Crystal after that. 

"She's the daughter of the Games," Finnick said. "The first baby to ever be born into the Games." 

"Hopefully the last," Peeta cut in. 

"I need to get back to the headquarters," Luke said after about ten minutes of greeting. "Willow, let's go." 

"Can I stay here for a minute? I promise I'll be right behind you," I replied. 

Luke frowned. "Why can't you just come with me now?" 

"Luke, it's just going to be a few minutes." 

Luke sighed and nodded, walking out of the room. Now, I'm left alone with President Snow, Katniss, Peeta, Finnick, Haymitch and Gale Hawthorne. 

"I need to get them out. Right now. I will never forgive myself if I leave them in there for too long. They're my alliance and I completely ditched them. I need to make this right. What's the plan? How are you going to overthrow Luke? When can I get them out? How do I do this?" I spoke, all in one breath.