Home

Chapter Twenty Two:
Home

"How is she?"

"She's sulking, Thomas." I replied, peeking from the hallway to the living room doorway, and staring at Nat's nonchalant expression as she watch Mean Girls with Dani on the couch.

I excused myself from our movie time, because I couldn't take Nat's silence, and her obvious drama queen vibe. Then, I had dared myself to call Thomas, even though I hate that son of a bitch. I could've called Dennis instead, but I assumed that Thomas has more information of what's happening. Besides, I wanted to say, I told you so, even if that sounded rude.

I held my phone closer and saw Dani staring at me. She pointed her head at Nat, as if asking, is this normal? I shook my head and mouthed, no. Dani gave me a small smile, and I gave her a shrug.

She probably already knows that I was, yet again, dealing with this 90210 bullshit. But really, I'm doing this because I care about my friends. Sometimes though, I'm starting to think that I'm always butting in to their business. I wonder if Dani had already figured that out.

"What the hell happened Thomas?" I asked quietly. "She just randomly showed up at my house and announced that apparently, you and Dennis are a secret gay couple."

I heard shuffling sounds, and exasperated sighs. Finally, another voice came in, and it was Dennis'.

"Hey, Mavey." Dennis greeted.

"Oh. Hey." I greeted back.

"Listen, we did the right thing..."

"I know you did. I'm not mad Dennis-"

"I know, I know." Dennis said, taking a deep breath. "Uh. I'm pretty sure that Natasha will never speak with me, or Thomas again. She was so mad Mave. She was so, so mad."

"What happened?" I asked again.

"Long story."

"I have time."

"Long story short-"

Someone had snatched my phone from behind, and my hand was scratched because of their long nails, making me yelp.

Standing there was Natasha, a hand on her hip, and the other was holding on to my phone, and pressing the end button. She stared at me. Her expression blank, and calmly gave my phone back.

"Don't talk to that faggot." She spat out bitterly. I was stunned at the harsh words, and very taken aback that a gasp excaped from my mouth.

"Excuse me." Dani called out from the doorway. "I don't think that was a nice thing to say."

Natasha turned around and just glared Dani. I kid you not, I really think that Nat was going to tackle Dani right there, and I immediately went in between them, afraid that they might hurt each other.

"Okay, whoa, stop. Stop. Just stop." I said in a rush, and shaking my head at them. "Everyone calm down."

"I'm calm." Dani said, her arms crossed. "I just don't like her choice of words."