Apparently She's Someone Important

Chapter One:
Apparently, She's Someone Important

"I want to lay on a mud puddle and cry."

Those were the first words that my very best friend, Natasha Foundland, said this early in the morning as she flopped down beside me on our usual table of the school's Commons.

She appeared to be wearing her 'I don't give a shit' outfit that consists of her old and baggy hoodie, a pair of sweat pants, and a pair of slippers with really thick socks. Her blonde hair was tied up into a messy bun on top of her head, and her baby hairs are floating to shape her face. I also noticed that she didn't even bother with her make up, and her eyes looked puffy.

I stared at her with raised eyebrows behind my thick framed glasses, and tried to move my arm that's currently trying to deal with procrastination. Papers in front of me scattered as I tried to finish my English essay which will be due in about... fifteen minutes.

"So, the closure thing with Dennis didn't end well, I take it?" I asked, and rolled my pencil to my other hand to continue, letting Natasha hug me limply on my side.

Being ambidextrous really has its perks.

"It was a disaster Mave, he just... He cried, which made me cry, which made him think that I want to get back together, which means that I have to explain to him over and over again the reason why we have to break up. So yes. It did not end well." She complained, placing all her weight on me, and laying her head on the table.

She made an indescribable sound, more like growling and groaning in complaint at the same time.

I gave out a chuckle of amusement and shook my head in disbelief. Then, Natasha muttered a typical,

"I hate my life."

"You hate your life everyday." I told her, scoffing. "If it makes you this upset, then why did you break up with him in the first place?" I eyed my last and closing paragraph of my essay, deciding how I'll combine words to bullshit through a powerful ending conclusion.

"Because I like Thomas!" She cried, throwing her hands up in the air. "Why do I have to have feelings with another boy, knowing that Dennis is also perfect to me? Just why?"

"You are horrible." I said, finally finishing my paper and putting them away. Natasha sat half of her body up, frowning and actually looking like she's about to cry. "This is why I try to stay away from drama. Things like this-" I gestured at her face. "...happens. You look completely out of it."

"I wish I was like you Mave, how do you manage not having a boyfriend?"

I didn't know if I should be flattered, or offended.

"Oh wow... Thanks bitch." I replied, mocking offense and nudging her. "Boyfriends are just trouble. I don't want to be stressed out like you are right now. There's too much effort to put in. I don't give a shit if I'm single, and I'm damn proud to be a virgin." I lifted my chin up proudly while making my point.

Sure, there are guys out there that showed attention, but I didn't really care about it. I flirt with them here and there, but I don't do anything to make them think that I'm interested.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate relationships. I'm just not looking for one right now. I want to focus on my studies, get straight A's in all of my classes, take part in major activities in school, and eventually graduate, get my diploma with an acceptance letter to a good University.

Call me an over-achiever, or whatnot, I don't care. That's just who I am.

Natasha scoffed at my speech about boyfriends, and asked if I want to get breakfast with her in the cafeteria.