Make Connections

Chapter Twenty-Six:
Make Connections

The following morning, Natasha woke me up by tapping my nose, and interupting my sleep. She was laughing, and I crinkled my nose.

"Oh gross, your breath stinks."

"Shut up, you love it." She said, then blowing air on my face on purpose. I made gagging sounds and threw a pillow at her, so shield me away from her hellish breath. "It's not like you don't have one before."

"I don't get morning breath." I told her, and laughing. "I brush my teeth and tongue thoroughly. So, no microbes pile up in my mouth and make disgusting smells."

"Yeah, yeah." She said. "Oh god, please tell me it's the weekend. I don't wanna go to school, my head hurts."

"It's Saturday." I reminded her. "You don't have to worry about a thing. Now come on, get up, I'll get you some Tylenol."

"Ugh, my mom is going to kill me." She said, as she sat up and holding her head for dear life.

"I told her you slept over, so you're fine."

"You lied for me?"

"Yeah." I nodded and hit her with the pillow again, which she groaned from pain. I got out of bed and placed my hands on my hips, and imitated a dramatic superhero pose. "I also carried you last night, and changed you in comfortable clothes, and now you're gonna have breakfast with me downstairs. I don't know about you, but I think I'm the very best friend ever."

"God, I love you so much." She said, getting up and hugging me.

"I love you too. But you got a lot of explaining to do." I said sternly as I hugged her back. "Like... Making out with James. Which by the way, I do not, I repeat, I do not fancy at all."

"You do not fancy James, or you do not fancy me kissing him?" She asked jokingly. I scoffed and waved a hand in dismissal.

"Ha, ha. Both." I replied. "Nat! You could do better than that toad!"

"True." She said and followed me downstairs. "I was gonna say that I'm the princess and he could be my frog prince, but that's irrelevant because he's such a douche."

"A fuck boy."

Nat laughed and when we entered the dining room, my mom and dad were having breakfast and they gave us questioning looks, the same look that we got last night.

"G'morning Mama and Papa Bridge." Nat greeted cheerfully, and waved a hand. I snickered and immediately got her Tylenol and a glass of water.

"You looked pretty wasted last night." Said my mom, who was sitting down across from my dad. She was staring at us with an amused expression, and she looked like she was about to burst out laughing at any moment. My dad on the other hand was already laughing, and he said,

"Don't worry Natasha, we won't tell your parents."

"Thanks." She said, as she sat down to my right, and together we ate breakfast that my mom made.

"So, you guys went partying?" My mom asked, and the question was directed to me.

"No. Just her." I said.