Something About Gina

Chapter Thirty-Five:
Something About Gina

        "I don't think I can do this." Natasha said, and leaned her head on the counter while hiding her face behind her red solo cup that's filled with flavoured vodka.

"Nat, you're just gonna say hi." I said, and patted her back.

"Can we uninvite him?" She asked.

"That's rude."

"You're naturally rude, so Marco wouldn't mind. He literally lives next door, so what's the proble-"

"I like Marco." I interjected and gave Nat a stern look.

"Well, I don't." She deadpanned and sighed. Natasha then stood up straight and chugged down her vodka.

"I don't like Thomas, and yet there he is." I pointed out, while gesturing towards Thomas and Dennis who were playing beer pong with my basketball teammates from across the room.

"That's totally different." Nat said. "You're not secretly in love with him."

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow. "So you're implying that you're secretly in love with Marco?"

Natasha bit her lip and groaned in complaint.

As soon as Dani and I went downstairs, people have already arrived. Dennis and Thomas were already entertaining them with beer pong, Cards Against Humanity, and they even set up my old Wii console and got people playing Wii Sports. Some were already tipsy, and there was a lot of excitement going on in each station.

Then we saw Natasha hiding in the kitchen. She was sitting on the floor by the corner cabinet and had a bottle of flavoured vodka beside her.

Before we even approached her, Dani was being called by our basketball teammates to play beer pong with them against Dennis, Thomas, and Marco. Apparently the boys are winning, and Dani and I both know that our teammates can be very competitive.

Then Dani grabbed my hand, as if asking for my permission. It made me smile at her gesture and just squeezed her hand back and nodded my head to let her know it's okay.

"This is all your fault," Nat complained. "Why did you have to give me ideas that Marco's... That he's- You know what? I'm going to say hi."

I chuckled and nodded my head.

"Yeah, you go girl-"

"No, no, no, no." Nat quickly changed her mind and filled her cup again with vodka. "Nevermind. Not gonna do it."

"Okay hold on, calm down." I told my best friend and took her drink away from her. "Let's chill for a sec. You know that I'm not forcing you to do this, right?"

"Yes." Natasha nodded.

"Then it's no problem, then. If you don't want to say hi to him, then don't." I said, and actually laughing at her stressed out face.

"But he's so cute..."

"Oh my god." I rolled my eyes.

"Here's the thing though." Natasha started, and sighed. "I think he likes me too. I mean, not romantically, I don't think. He's different. He's not some guy who wants to get in my pants, you know?"