What Brought Us Together

Prompt from zaynlovesniall, Zayn's family adopting Niall at the age of 5 and the boys grow up falling inlove.

Zayn's Pov:

When I was five my parents decided that they wanted another child, Someone who I could grow up with. My mother insisted there was no way she was going through the restless nights all over again, So they came to the mutual agreement of adopting. After a long process my parents informed me that we would be heading down to a care home so I could meet my possible new sibling.  I may have been young at the time but I still remember thinking how lucky I was to have a family that loved me. I walked past so many kids that day but there was only one who stood out to me, The small boy who was sat in the corner isolated from everyone, He was looking out the window with a sad expression on his face, It was as if he was thinking nobody will pick me so why should I bother trying? I slowly made my way over to him.

"Hi I'm Zayn" I introduced myself with a smile on my face, The boy looked up at me.

"I'm Niall" He mumbled just as my parents walked over to us.

"Mummy this is Niall I want him to be my brother"

From the moment Niall moved in we became inseparable, We did almost everything together, It took a long time but Niall slowly settled in and began coming out of his shell. We played power rangers together, Pretended we were apart of the biggest football teams in the world, And in primary school all the girls wanted to play kiss chase with us.

As the years went on we started out in secondary school, That's when cartoons got pushed aside and girls came into the picture, We began looking at them differently and going into competition to see who could get the girl first, Typical teenage boys basically. Things started getting hard for Niall, I joined all the schools sport programs and Niall he just kept himself to himself, He started getting bullied and pushed around, At the end of everyday I'd always have a crying Niall on my shoulder and honestly it broke my heart. 

"Nialler the next time someone says something to you come and tell me straight away I'll sort them out!" I stated, Niall hiccuped.

"That'll only make things worse, Just leave it Zayn, Please" Niall exclaimed, But I couldn't, I couldn't just leave it, I'd become so protective over Niall, I hated seeing him hurt and when he was hurting my blood boiled. 

"Aww come on baby aren't you going to fight back? You going to cry? Boys he's going to cry" Niall's bullies teased as they pushed him to the ground.

"If you don't back off him I'll send you home crying to your mummy" I stated.

"Oh is that right?" The boy said with a cocky smirk on his face. 

"Yeah it is" I replied while glaring at him.

"Prove it" The boy mocked me, I nodded my head before punching him in the face sending him flying backwards, A smirk spread across my face as I pulled Niall to his feet. That was the day everything changed for us.

"He's right, I am pathetic" Niall mumbled as he dropped down on the couch, I shook my head before sitting beside him.

"No your not, That guys a prat Nialler" I said.

"Zayn I can't even stand up for myself against a bully, I've got no confidence, I'm nearly fifteen years old and the only girl I've kissed is mum!" Niall exclaimed.

"Nialler it's not even a big deal, Honestly kissing someone isin't as special as everyone makes it out to be" I tried to assure him.

"That's easy for you to say, You've kissed plenty of people" Niall exclaimed, I sighed hating seeing him like this, Niall means so much to me, More then he actually should if I'm being honest.

The first time we kissed we were both sixteen, The months leading up to the kiss Niall began confinding in me about this sexuality, He told me that he was confused about what he wanted, He stopped thinking girls looked hot, He dated one girl and he told me he felt nothing special between them, That night when I was comforting him we both leaned in, When our lips connected I swear time just stopped, Our lips melted together like it was meant to be, His body fit so perfectly into my arms as if he belonged there, The moment we pulled away we were both lost for words. A few months later we both said I love you for the first time as we sat down to watch Titanic, As the ship was sinking and Jack was holding onto Rose Niall looked up at me and whispered.

"I love you" I smiled before looking down at him.

"I love you too" I exclaimed before gently kissing his forehead. 

The first time we slept together was a year later. We had been keeping our relationship a secret from our parents and that night they were at a friends wedding anniversary party and Niall and I were left home alone, We'd been talking about it for months, We talk about everything, There's no secrets between us and that night Niall whispered into my ear that he wanted us to make love to one another and that's exactly what we did, The whole room was full of candles and soft music was playing in the background, Moans were leaving both our lips as we clung onto eachother.

"I love you" I whispered as I moved in and out of Niall slowly, Gentle moans and light sighs were leaving his lips.

"I love you too" He whispered back as he held onto me tightly. 

Telling our parents we were together was one of the most hardest days, There was so many tears and mine and Niall's emotions were all over the place, Our parents were telling us how wrong it was, But it wasn't, Niall and I wern't really related not by blood anyway so how could it be wrong? 

"You can't be together! Your brothers!" Our father exclaimed as he looked down at mine and Niall's linked fingers, I shook my head before squeezing Niall's hands tightly.

"No, Were not, We adopted Niall he's not blood related" I replied.

"Zayn you must understand this can't happen" Our mother chocked out, I shook my head once again.

"We love eachother" Niall replied, I slowly put my arm around him before holding Niall tightly against my side.

"Mum, Dad, Niall and I love you both so much"

"You gave me a home when nobody wanted me and I'll always love you for that" Niall added.

"But, Niall and I are inlove and we won't stop seeing eachother, No matter what you do we won't stop loving eachother and were going to be together no matter what you say!" 

That's how our parents cut us out there lives, They stated that if Niall and I wanted to be together we wouldn't be doing it under there roof, So we moved out and found a small apartment together, Sure it wasn't much but it was a place where we could be together just the two of us. 

"Hey what you thinking of?" Niall asked as he dropped beside me on the couch.

"Us" I replied, Niall smiled as he cuddled close to me.

"Any regrets?" Niall questioned as he took hold of my hand.

"None" I replied as I ran my finger over Niall's ring, Niall smiled before repeating my action, I smiled before placing a gentle kiss to Niall's lips, I then sat there holding my husband in my arms, Everything that happened brought Niall and I to this moment, And if I had to I'd do it all again.