Family Bonding

Prompt from Ziall_Forever_Lover on wattpad- Niall breastfeeding.

Niall’s Pov:

When I found out I was pregnant it’s safe to say I was completely shocked. I mean a guy, Getting pregnant, Giving birth to a baby, It’s just not possible, But of course if your like me you’ll come to learn that anythings possible. I had a pretty easy pregnancy, The morning sickness was bearable, The food cravings were strange but surprisingly nice, I had swollen feet but I had my amazing boyfriend there to give me a foot massage when I needed it. I have to say my hormones were all over the place, The smallest thing would set me off and I’d be crying like a little baby, I don’t think I had any really bad mood swings, Asking Zayn he’d probably say differently.

My pregnancy only affected one major thing, That thing was my self confidence. When I got pregnant I started gaining weight and I didn’t like Zayn seeing me naked, I knew he wouldn’t care, I knew in his eyes I was beautiful no matter what, But inside myself I just didn’t feel it anymore. When I gave birth to our daughter Brooke the nurse suggested I try breastfeeding, At first I wasn’t to sure about the whole idea, But once the nurse explained the benefits of breastfeeding to me I wanted to give it a try. At first it wasn’t the most amazing experience in the world, Infact it hurt, Alot. However once I got used to it it wasn’t that bad, The only problem was I wasn’t comfortable doing it infront of Zayn.

“Zayn she needs feeding” I said, Zayn nodded his head and I gave him the look, The same look I’ve been giving him the past few days.

“Ni why can’t you just feed her infront of  me? You didn’t mind doing it infront of the nurse so why am I different?” Zayn questioned.

“You know why” I mumbled.

“Ni you know I think your beautiful no matter what” Zayn stated.

“I just don’t feel it right now” I exclaimed.

“What you gonna do when we get home Ni? Banish me from the room everytime she’s hungry, I wanna be part of this” Zayn stated.

“Zayn please” I pleaded, Zayn sighed before standing up, He slowly kissed Brooke’s head before kissing mine.

“I’ll get you some tea” He said before walking out the room.

Once the door was closed I pulled down my hospital gown a little so Brooke could latch onto my sensitive nipples, I winched when she first latched on but after a few moments I relaxed. I’m being stupid and selfish, I know that Zayn dosen’t care what I look like, I know he wants to be apart of this, But I’m not letting him, All because I’m insecure about the way I look now. It felt like only minutes had passed before Zayn was knocking on the hospital door, I took a deep breath.

“Come in” I said, Seconds later the door was opened and Zayn walked inside.

“Sorry, I thought you was done” Zayn exclaimed before turning to leave the room again.

“Zayn wait!” I stated. “Please” I begged, Zayn turned back around and I motioned for him to come and sit beside me. “Zayn I’m sorry” I exclaimed the moment Zayn was sat down.

“Don’t be” He mumbled as he ran his thumb over Brooke’s head.

“I have to be, I was stupid, I was just self conscious, Ever since I got pregnant” I said.

“But you know I love you and think your beautiful no matter what” Zayn stated.

“I know, But it’s just, Since I got pregnant my hormones have been all over the place, I shouldn’t have shut you out, And I’m sorry for doing it, You have every right to be apart of this” I exclaimed, Zayn smiled as Brooke released my nipple, Zayn then slowly pulled up my hospital gown.

“Can I burp her?” He asked, I nodded.

“She’s your daughter Zi, You don’t have to ask, Just be careful she might throw up” I replied before slowly handing Brooke over to him, Zayn smiled as he gently patted her back.

“She wouldn’t throw up over me would you babygirl? No you wouldn’t” Zayn said happily as he burped Brooke, Small giggles were leaving her lips, I slowly placed my head  on Zayn’s free shoulder. “Does this mean when we get home you’ll feed her infront of me?” Zayn questioned, I chuckled before nodding.

“Yeah, This times important, It’s when you and I bond with her” A yawn left my lips.

“Babe get some sleep, I got her” Zayn said, I nodded my head as I laid down on the pillow, I fell into a peaceful sleep to the sound of Zayn singing softly to Brooke.

When we went home I continued to breastfeed Brooke infront of Zayn, Everytime she needed feeding he sat down beside us placed his arm around my shoulder and gently ran his thumb over her head while singing a sweet lullaby to her, After I was done breastfeeding he’d burp her and tell her everything he’s going to teach her, He’d tell her that he’ll always be here to protect her and he’ll never let anybody hurt her, I smiled as I watched him slowly rock her up and down.

“Your an amazing dad you know that” I said, Zayn looked up smiling widely at me.

“You know I never said thankyou Ni” Zayn stated, I raised an eyebrow.

“Thankyou for what?” I questioned.

“For keeping her, For loving me, For letting me be apart of the breastfeeding, I know at first you were self conscious but thankyou for getting over that, Thankyou for loving me, Thankyou for giving me the greatest gift in this world” Zayn exclaimed, Tears filled my eyes and I quickly wiped them away, Zayn smile warmly.

“Look Brooke daddies crying, Can’t have that can we, Shall we give him a cuddle? Let’s give him a cuddle” Zayn said in a funny voice causing Brooke to giggle, He then sat down beside me and placed Brooke ontop of my chest, I held her close to me as Zayn pulled me against him, He slowly began running his fingers through my hair. “Your beautiful, You know that?” Zayn asked, I smiled before leaning up and gently kissing his lips, Zayn smiled before biting his lip. “Hey Ni I was thinking” Zayn said.

“About?” I asked.

“Us having more kids, I think Brooke would love a baby brother of sister, Wouldn’t you babygirl?” Zayn stated, I chuckled.

“Maybe next year” I said before laying my head on Zayn’s shoulder, He laughed happily before kissing my forehead, The way I looked didn’t matter to me anymore, All that mattered was my family.