2

*3 months later*

"You have got to be kidding me," I mutter hitting my head against the steering wheel. I turn the key again but my car just won't start.

Of course this happens. First, my professors pounded me with loads of of homework, and now when I have to go to work, my car won't start.

I glance at the time and groan. If I start running now, I might make it in time. Only a slight chance, but it's better than nothing.

I step out of the car in to the cool October air. Normally I would stop to admire the colorful trees, but I don't have time to.

I bend down and take my black flats off my feet, keeping them in my hands. Running barefoot is better than wearing these stupid shoes. This is going to hurt so much. Before I can tell myself how bad of an idea this is, I burst in to a sprint. I hop from foot to foot until I can get in to the grass, it feels a little better, only a little.

I mutter small obscenities every time a rock digs in to my foot, which is about every step. This must be a sight, a girl running around the University of Michigan bare foot wearing a white blouse and a black skirt. At least my hair is in a bun, that saves me some dignity.

Caleb, my youngest brother, would get a kick out of this. He enjoys watching me make a fool out of myself, especially while being hurt in the process.

Everyone I pass stops what they're doing and stares at me. Usually I'd freak out and get all nervous, but I have nothing to lose. Most people that see me recognize me anyways, so at least they have a real reason to be staring at me.

My skirt starts to ride up my waist revealing my upper thigh, so I have to keep pushing it down. A blue mustang convertible full of guys I know from my classes drives along side me. They honk the horn and whistle, this is so degrading. "Want a ride?" One of them calls.

I roll my eyes, these are the type of guys that only do things for pretty, defenseless girls that are having a bad day. Reason they do it, so they can get her number and eventually get laid. It's a pretty blunt way to say it, but it's true.

Normally, I'd laugh at the girls who fell for it. I mean, how could you be so dumb and look that pitiful. My blood begins to boil, how dare these guys think I'm that type of girl.

First off, I'm not defenseless. I used to scare the crap out of some guys at my high school. Maybe not scare, but intimidate them, make them nervous. So here comes these guys thinking I'm easy prey. I'm not used to this type of thing happening. It's really frustrating.

Secondly, this is actually a pretty normal day for me. Things never go my way. My life isn't this bad, is it? I mean it's not the best, but this is just mocking me.

Lastly, probably the biggest reason, why the heck would I get in a car with a bunch of strangers? Especially after being kidnapped for 5 months straight.

"Just keep driving," I say to them putting on the sweetest smile I can. "Jerks," I mutter to myself.

The driver looks like the biggest jerk out of all of them. His short brown hair is spiked with gel and a diamond earring is in his left ear. He looks surprised by my answer and says, "Maybe some other time." Even his smile looks fake. He whistles one more time at me before he and his buddies drive away.

There are so many words I can think of to describe those guys, but I'm to nice to say them.

Even though I missed most of my senior year, I was able to work it out with my teachers and graduated. I took most of my high school credits my freshman, sophomore and junior years. It didn't take long to convince the school I could graduate.