10

It's easy to find the room that Sophie and Kara are in. I can hear their laughter and yelling from the other side of the boat. A smile finds it's way to my face as I get closer. They are in the game room. It's basically full of toys and games.

I stand outside the door a few moments before knocking. They suddenly fall silent. Little footsteps pad their way across the room, and Sophie opens the door. Her smile takes up her whole face when she sees me. A big gap is at the top of her smile where a tooth is missing and her brown hair is wild facing in all directions. "Morgan!" She yells. I swear, little kids only know one noise level.

"Hi Sophie," I say.

"Come play wif us," she says grabbing my arm. She has trouble making the th sound so it sounds like an f, but that only makes her even more adorable.

"Ok," I laugh as she starts to pull me in.

This room is a little girl's paradise. The walls are a light pink with stickers of fairies and princesses on them. Barbies, crayons, and stuffed are strewn across the fluffy white carpet. Barbie houses of every size and shape are randomly placed throughout the room. Everywhere I look, a piece of Barbie clothing or accessory is laying on the ground. The only part of the room that remains untouched it the game cabinet. I never had so many toys when I was younger. I never even had a Barbie. I preferred water guns to glitter sticks so the pinkness of everything surprises me.

Kara looks at me with wide eyes, but stays quiet. While some little kids are loud like Sophie, others are quiet and shy like Kara. "We are playing princesses," announces Sophie. She holds up a doll with brown hair and eyes up. It's dressed in a blue dress that is a poof at the end and a grayish crown is in her hair. "This is me."

Kara is holding a doll with orange hair that is is a pink dress. The dress isn't as extravagant as Sophie's but it is still a princess dress. A silver crown is in her barbie's hair. While I'm looking at her barbie, Sophie practically shoves a tub in my hands. It's full of barbies, all colors with tons of accessories. "Choose who you want to be," she says.

I shift through the box until I find a barbie with blonde hair and a purple dress. The dress has gold embroidered in it and a darker purple lace covers the corset. It poofs out at the bottom just like Sophie's and has a golden crown on top of her head. "I pick this one."

"That one is named Alexa but you can call her whatever you want. Mine is named Jessamine and Kara's is Clara."

"Alexa looks just like you, Morgan," Kara says speaking for the first time. I plaster a fake smile on my face. Other than the blonde hair and blue eyes, we look nothing alike. I've never worn as much make up as this doll, and my hair is a curly, wavy mess. Plus I'm not unbelievably skinny like it, nor are me legs so long or chest so big.

"You do!" Sophie proclaims loudly having made the small connection of blonde hair and blue eyes. She always has to out do her sister.

But like I said, I smile at them and say, "You're right." There's no point in arguing with little kids. It'll only make them upset.

"You're so pretty," Sophie smiles. She really does speak her mind, I think.

"Thank you," I say again. "Now, where does Alexa live?" They both smile and fight over who shows me my barbie's palace.

We spend the next few hours playing with our barbies. We have balls, fairy godmothers, handsome princes, and evil queens. All of our princesses were best friends. Jessamine liked her clothes, Clara liked the princes, and Alexa loved finding adventure with her pony. Kara and Sophie never got tired of playing with the barbies. They could go on forever, even though we ran out of ideas on what to do.