Epilogue

I open up the curtains, letting the light flood in to the hotel room. Rain clouds are receding in the distance leaving a sunny morning. We have a perfect view of the beach from our hotel room. I can see the waves crash in to the sand and the sea gulls ride on the sunrise. It's going to be a good day. It is so peaceful in here, that is, until Nick and Caleb start to wake. "Close the curtains," Nick groans.

"Just five more minutes," mumbles Caleb. I laugh at them. They're both tangled in the white sheets of the king sized bed they shared. Caleb is hogging most of them leaving Nick almost completely exposed. They were never morning people. It's even worse now since they didn't come in the room until 11 last night, and they were up watching movies till 4. My brothers don't plan ahead, that's for sure.

"It's already 8," I inform them as I fix the bedding on my pull out mattress. Caleb pulls the sheets over his messy hair while Nick squints at the light. It's as if they haven't seen the sun in years.

"So?" Nick asks grouchily, obviously annoyed.

I give him the look that says, really? We've been here four days, you'd think he'd know by now."That means that breakfast closes in a half hour," I state. I watch as Nick opens his eyes wide and Caleb shoots up in to sitting position, the blanket still covering part of his head. They look ridiculous. Especially Caleb. If it weren't for his size and muscled upper body, I could mistake him for a four year old.

Agh, brothers can be so dumb.

"Why didn't you wake me sooner?" Caleb asks now fully awake as he hops out of bed. It's like magic. He practically runs to the closest mirror and smooths out his severe case of bed head. "I'll change when I get back," he says practically skipping out the door in his white shirt and plaid pajama shorts, his hair still not tamed. Knowing Caleb, he's probably going to go get the most out of the breakfast buffet as he can. That boy could probably clear it out if he really tried.

At the same time, Nick is up and moving, too. He at least has the thought to change his clothes before following after Caleb. The easiest way to wake my brothers is by mentioning food. It works every time.

Once my bed is finished being made, I grab 3 key cards from the table since Caleb and Nick forgot theirs in their haste, and make my way towards the elevator. I got dressed before I woke my brothers up so I could have the bathroom all to myself without their constant complaining. They're always dramatic and act like I'm in there for hours. I swear that Nick spends more time looking in the mirror than I do. Caleb is the opposite. He doesn't care about how he looks, obviously. He takes like two minutes in the bathroom tops. Still, he's the one who complains the most about us being in it. Sometimes I think he looks for ways to annoy me.

I'm just glad I wasn't in my parents shoes. They definitely drew the short straw.

They shared a room with Devan and Evan. The four of them had to share two queen sized beds. I find it amazing how they have been getting any sleep. Especially since Devan and Evan fight almost every chance they get.

At least my roommates are somewhat tolerable most the time. Even when they do gang up on me. Some things never change. Even as my brothers grow older, they still haven't matured the slightest. I don't mind it. It keeps things quite entertaining.

It's been over a year since I was rescued. All of our lives have changed for the better. Isabel is living with her parents, along with Sophie and Kara. It's been difficult for them since they don't understand what happened, but at least they have their grandparents now. Isabel has thanked me repeatedly for the help, but I always tell her that I should be the one thanking her. Without her and her daughters, I would've lost my mind even worse than I already had. They gave me something to fight for, to believe in. Best of all, Sophie and Kara still think of me as their aunt. They're like the little sisters I d always wanted. Still, though, I wouldn't trade Caleb for the world.