27

It's been about 2 weeks since I was released from the hospital. During that time, I slowly learned a lot about what happened that night. It was mostly things I heard on the news or read in the papers. Everyone else refused to tell me because they think it will hurt my recovery.

Yeah, whatever. My parents should at least be glad that I'm talking to them again. It took me a couple days to accept the fact that my baby was gone. After that, I started talking to them a little. Not much, but at least Mom isn't crying herself to sleep every night anymore.

Jonathan was killed. He tried to attack an officer when the lights went out. Another officer saw him before be could. He left them no choice, they had to shoot him. That was the first gun shot I heard with Ashley while we were in the room. Jonathan was dead instantly. It hit him right where his heart would've been if he had one.

I don't feel remorse for him. He never showed any to me so he doesn't deserve it. In fact, I was quite happy when I heard the news. Not because he was dead, but because he can never bother me again. The world is a better place with him gone. Olivia was shocked at the news, but I don't think she was upset over. At least if she was, she didn't show it to the cameras.

Chris and Matt were fighting just before the gun shot went off. Matt was just about to finish Chris off when he heard it, he got worried and ran back to the house to find me. I don't know how we didn't run into each other. We must've went separate ways or he got to the house before I left it.

I don't know. I haven't talked to Matt about it. We haven't really talked at all actually. Although I don't talk much to anyone. Mainly just one or two word sentences.

That leads me to another thing, the doctors have also concluded that I'm suffering from depression. It's not like I didn't know that. It doesn't take a genius to see it. I'll spend my days sitting in silence. Usually I'm alone in my room writing. I never leave the house and I never smile. If that's not depression, I don't know what is.

Anyways, that's I why Chris was still conscious on the ground when I found him. Matt didn't run because he was scared like Chris said, he ran to protect me.

Too bad he didn't show that commitment in the hospital.

What I found out next probably surprised me the most. Chris got me help. Not from Joseph like I was suspecting, but from the cops. He turned himself in and told them where to find me. In his own way, I guess he really did care about me. He proved that by turning himself in to protect me. I never would've guessed in a million years he would've done that. Honestly, I thought he would've had to die just so I could be free. He was always so psychotic about how I'd be his forever, but when it came down to it, he cared more for my safety than anything. That was the nicest thing he could've done for me. It's actually helped speed my recovery up.

Not everyone is as bad as they may seem. Even some of the darkest people have hope.

Chris is in prison now. He's being kept in isolation. All of his guards have had background checks done and have taken mental tests to check their sanity unlike the last guard, Oliver. No one should ever team up with Chris again, especially since he killed Oliver. Sentencing still has to take place, but he has already pleaded guilty. I guess there's no point in fighting a lost battle.

I haven't seen Chris since that night. I don't plan on seeing him again. Seeing him will only bring the pain back.

Joseph and Danny are also behind bars. Joseph got shot in the thigh, nothing too major, and Danny was found just as I left him. All three of them are being held at different facilities across the country. I don't know where or really care to know.

Now that I think about it, I don't care about anything anymore. Why should I? The more you care, the more you'll be hurt when you eventually lose it because nothing lasts forever. I don't think I can take much more pain. I've suffered enough to last a lifetime and I'm only eighteen.