Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Have you ever looked in a mirror and wondered how you can have the same hair color, eye color, and skin tone as someone else and still look so different? How you are the only you in the whole world? Well the same does not apply for me. I look exactly like my older sister Molly in almost every way, shape, form, and fashion. Well except height. Molly is eighteen and tall with long legs, and a small waist. A pretty, hour glass figure. That's where I'm diffrent. A height of 5,3 and I'm thirteen years old. Well, 14 today. By now Molly would have been 6 feet tall.

   Every morning I jump out of bed and run to the mirror nailed to the back of my door just to check for a change. And every morning I see the same old curly brown hair and rosy cheeks. The dull green eyes and freckles just under my eyes and on the bridge of my nose. Small feet, and piano fingers as my dad calls them, long and slender. Ugly, ugly, ugly. I look exactly like beautiful Molly only somehow I'm still ugly.

The same applies for this morning. My alarm went off at around 7 and I stumbled out of my warm purple duvet and over to my mirror. I smiled at my bed head but noticed that I had indeed lost weight. I was getting the same slim waist as Molly! It was the perfect birthday gift. The skinnier, the prettier.

"Melody? Are you awake?" My mother asked, knocking lightly on my door.

"Yes ma'am." I responded.

"May I come in?" She asked.

"Sure." I breathed, running a brush through my mangled mass of curls.

"Now now, dear, be gentle with it." She said taking the brush from my hands and running it through my hair when I huffed in defeat. "How about you let me work my magic, just for today."

  I nodded and watched in the mirror as she pulled back my curls and began to run her fingers through the choclate locks and twist them together. My mother, tall and slender with golden hair and high cheekbones, reached for an elastic band on my dresser and tied my hair back before pulling the fishtail braid over my shoulder. She was happy with her work since I never let her do a thing with my hair and always left it down. She smiled at our reflection and I smiled back, showing a mouth full of metal.

"Get dressed and come down stairs." she said, kissing my head and walking out. She didn't even wish me happy birthday.

"Melody, do you think that I could pick out your outfit, just for today?" Molly asked, letting herself in.

"Um, sure, I guess." she squeeled in delight and began rumaging through my closet.

"Try this." She said, holding out a white blouse with skinny jeans and light pink ballet flats. I looked at her with an eyebrow raised and she shrugged innocently.

"Alright." I sighed taking it from her hand as she added a light pink tank top to the pile.

"Here." Molly said when I walked out of my bathroom. In her hands she had a a small silver necklace with a tiara on it and small pink diamond earings. Sighing, I added the things to my attire and looked once more in the mirror. I didn't look like me. I never wore girly things. I wasn't all that girly. I would rather wear converse than heals and I swung bats, not waved pom poms.

"Who is that?" I began, trying to be funny. "That person, in the mirror, because its not me. Melody Anne Gold is not that pretty or that girly."

"Your beautiful Mel, and if you tried you could be a cheerleader." Molly laughed. I pulled a face and she just laughed at me.

"Molly, Melody, hurry up, its time for breakfast." My little brother, Parker, said running in the room. He was ten and wearing Thomas the Train pajamas.

"Nice outfit, Parker." Molly snarked. He turned around and stuck out his tongue at her and she returned it causing me to burst into a fit of giggles.

"Come on, Mel, time for your birthday breakfast."

Hope you guys like the first chapter. I'm going to try to be interactive with my readers so how about answering some questions.

Do you like it? Should I continue with it? Do you like answering questions? Do you feel like your being interogated?

Update: about 30 seconds.

Please vote, comment, and follow.

Happy 10th anniversary of the movie Mean Girls! I love that movie. Make sure to wear pink since its Wednsday!!!

Love ya!

-Blair