Purple Is Not A Flavor

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone yelled when I walked into the kitchen.

"Woah, thanks everybody!" I exclaimed loudly as my four year old sister Tessa hugged my legs. I giggled and picked her up.

"Ha birday, Medy." She said in her baby talk and I giggled, giving her a thank you and kissing her cheek.

"Where is our thanks? We made the food!" My older brother Andrew said. He is sixteen. I have a big family. Lets see, from oldest to youngest: Farrah  (22), Jonathon (20), Molly (18), Andrew (16), Me (14), Sydney (12), Parker (10), Quinn (10), Reese (8), Riley (6), Tessa (4), Piper (2), Daisy (2), and Hays (6 months). Yes, there is a pattern and yes we have two sets of identical twins. Luckily Farrah and Jonathon no longer lived here and Molly was about to go to college but we sill had a big house. All of us are adopted, some from the same family like Molly and me and the twins, the others came from random areas. I think Parker is from Washington which is weird since we live down in Flordia.

"Thank you all so much!"

"Mel, do you realise that your turning fourteen and we have fourteen kids?" My dad chuckled. I nodded and reached for the food on the table but gasped and pulled my hand back.

"What is it?"

"Everything is... it's all... huh?" I stuttered.

"You act like you've never seen purple food before." Sydney giggled, sitting down and helping herself. Every item on the table was purple. From the table cloth to the juice to the silverware. Even the food had purple food coloring.

"Why purple?" I asked.

"It's only like your favorite color." Reese said pushing me out of the way to get to the lavender pancakes.

"Wouldn't that dull the flavor though?"

"Course not. Its just food coloring." I shrugged and sat down to eat, stuffing my face with blue berries (yes these are considered a purple food), violet waffles, and grape juice.

"Wow, you can really taste the purple." Riley said, and Andrew snickered, "What it's true?"

"Purple is not a flavor." He said.

"It can be if I want it to be." she responded.

"No it can't, purple is a color, not a flavor."

"Yes it is."

"No it isn't"

"IS!"

"ISN'T!"

"IS!"

"ISN'T!"

"IS!"

"ISN'T!"

"SHUT UP!" Parker screamed, at the two fighting. They both shut their mouths and continued to eat.

"Sydney, bus." I whispered in my sister's ear. Luckily she was sitting next to me so it was easy to talk to her without the others hearing. She nodded and we both stood up and walked out quietly, unnoticed by those who were enhanced in their own conversations.

"Thanks Melody, and happy birthday." she said as we walked up the stairs to grab our things. You see, if someone says anything about the bus or school in the morning every person gets up and rushes out to get on the bus leaving the last person in the room to clean up everything and usually making them miss their bus, depending on who it is.

"Sid, meet me in my room when you get your things." I said quietly. Sydney and I usually stick together, we understand each other the best and so I try to help her out.

"Alright, one minute." she said, running quietly to her room. I looked around at my lavender walls, aglow with the morning sunshine and the purple duvet with white accents. Everything in my room was lavender and white, they just go so well together.

"What are we doing?" Sydney asked as I opened the window. Our rooms were on the second floor, just below mom and dad's.

"We are climbing out the window." I responded and had to hold back my laughter as her eyes got wide as saucers. I took her bag and slung it onto my back gesturing her to follow me. She nodded and I lowered myself carefully out the window and onto the small tree beside my window and began to climb down it. I heard the rustling of the tree and the sliding of my window being shut just before I touched the ground.

"Why are we doing this?" She asked as we waited quietly.

"I want to see if anyone notices we are gone, and who knows, they might all miss the bus." I said as I watched Molly and Andrew's bus pass the house. Parker, Quinn and Reese's bus kept going too. All that was left was Riley, Tessa and us since the others didn't go to school.

"There it is." Sydney pointed out the big yellow bus coming down the road to pick us up, followed by Riley and Tessa's. As soon as the bus stoped we hurried on and watched the bus pull away, with the other close on its tail. Just before we both turned the corner we watched every person run outside franticly and giggled.

"Looks like some one is going to be late."

So chapter numero dose. Yeah, I don't know spanish. Sorry, if I offened anyone by that, it wasn't supposed to be threatning. Anyway...

Do we like it so far? Is Sydney and Melody and good power duo? Will the others get to school on time? What will Melody get for her birthday?

If you have any good ideas for what she should get and I like them I will use them because I have no idea what she should get. Whoops!

Update: maybe tomorrow or the day after.

Can I get 2 votes and three comments? Pretty Please.

ilyasm

-Blair