The Best People

"How was your first day?" I asked Rayna when I ran into her on the bus ramp.

"It was great, I met a couple people but Cade chased 'em off." she responded, glaring at her brother.

"Chased them off? How?" I asked her.

"He wouldn't shut up, everything was Melody this and Melody that, I'm surprised he isn't talking to you now." She said in a funny voice and I giggled, my cheekes flushing pink, as did his.

"Really, me? He hardly talked to me though?" I blushed, glancing over at him to find his eyes already on me.

"He didn't talk but he listened and aren't those people the best people?" She laughed.

"Nah, I like a guy who can carry on a conversation." I said loudly, making sure he heard me. Cade's eyes brightened and he shoved his sister out of the way and was standing in front of me.

"So, how was your day?" He asked as I stared at him wide eyed.

"It was pretty good, your's?" I asked him.

"It was alright, didn't really meet many people but I thought of your beautiful face every second." He said smoothly, flashing a grin.

"Well, you should probably think more about classes." I said, trying to hide my blush.

"I needed insperation, and you were the first thing that popped into my head." Cade said.

"Whatever works." I giggled. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Rayna roll her eyes and I wondered, what could possibly have happened to her?

"Could I have your number?" Cade asked, pulling me from my trance.

"Uh, yeah yeah." I said pulling my phone from my pocket and giving him my phone number and I gave it to Rayna as well.

"Great, I'll text you." He winked before he climbed onto the big yellow bus.

"Bye, Melody!" Rayne said, waving cheerfully to me as she followed her brother.

Sorry for the wait darlings, I am currently at the beach with @sugarcubes4.

What do we think of Cade's sudden change of heart? What could happen? Will Melody fall for him or is she already falling?

I love you to Pluto and back again!

-Blair