20 What Would Laurens Do

[NSFW]

Alexander works himself to the brink of exhaustion rather often, but this time he surpassed the brink and is in danger of falling over any second. He runs a hand through his tangled hair, clearing his head of its foggy stupor momentarily.

If Laurens were here he would tell him to stop.

Alexander clenched his fists and stepped away from his work for the first time that week. "Just a second. Then I'll go back." He mutters.

He stretches, yawning.

There's a knock at the door. Alexander steps to the sound gingerly, having to strain his brain for instructions on how to walk.

He opens the door and much to his surprise, there's a young woman there. Her curly mouse-brown hair is far from neat, but her lips are rouged and full. She has several bruises on her cheeks and strangle-marks on her neck. Her dress is less than modest with a low collar and bright red sheer shawl around it.

She can't be older than twenty-one.

"M-Mister Hamilton..." She breathes. "My name's Maria. M-Maria Reynolds."

Alexander's hospitality overcomes him. "Uhm....come in." His overworked brain struggles to find words to say.

The girl staggers inside. "Thank you..." She murmurs. Maria speaks with the grace of someone who's trying to sound eloquent, yet Alexander can tell she has never had a day of education in her life.

"I'm aware that you're a man of integrity...and honor..." She starts very quickly. "'M sorry to hafta bother you at home, but my husband's been beatin' me, mistreatin' me, and I don' have nowhere to go-" she stops to take a breath. "-I don' know where t'go..." Maria repeats herself to get the message across. "I need help."

Alexander nods. "I can give you a loan, if you'll take it." She looks so pathetic, he feels pity strike his heart.

She nods. "I dunno how I c'n ever thank you 'nough, Mister Hamilton...!"

"Just let me take you home," he says. He grabs two coats, one for him  and one for Maria. He drapes the coat over her shoulders. Maria breathes another 'thank you' and follows him outside.

Her house, he learns, is just a few blocks away. "James isn't home." She whispers as she unlocks the door. Alexander feels a wave of uneasiness wash over him. What could this man do to his wife to make her so petrified of him?

Maria leads him to the bedroom. Alexander doesn't quite register where they are, and begins to take money out of his pockets.

"Miss Maria, if you will take this money I-" Alexander is cut off when he looks up.

Maria is sprawled on the bed, her legs spreading wide. She has red garters on, attached to her damp underwear. The coat he gave her is in a heap on the floor.

"Stay...?" She murmurs. "...please?"
When she utters the words, Alexander is swept away into a flood of nostalgia.

"Goodnight." Laurens's eyes snap open.

"Stay..." Alexander turns around, surprised.

"...please?" Laurens looks at him with the puppy-dog look he knew so well.

How could Alexander resist that golden gaze?

"As you wish." Alexander sits next to the bed he had set Laurens on and watches him until they both fall asleep.

Alexander swallows hard. He's too tired to think straight, and at the moment, sex seems to be the best option.

(what would Laurens do)

Laurens would whisper a comforting word or two in her ear and walk away from her, leaving the money. Laurens would try to calm her down. Laurens would walk back home, content that he did a good thing for this poor woman.
Laurens would say no to this.

(I'm not Laurens)

Alexander leans toward Maria. She bites her full bottom lip, revealing white teeth.

(White teeth like Laurens)

He strokes her inner thigh, stopping on his climb to her tan hips only to take off his jacket.

(Tan skin like Laurens)

She digs her fingernails into his back, moaning.

(Laurens)

She screams aloud, pressing her firm breasts to his chest as sweat drips down her scalp.

(LAURENS)

She rolls over, gasping and sucking in the air harshly.

(Laurens)

(Laurens)

(Laurens)