Chapter 9: Natsu Can Read?!

~Your POV~

After we got on the Train back to Magnolia, I started to read my books again hoping to tone down my motion sickness. As usual, it failed... I just couldn't stop thinking about what Daylin had told us. Are we really reincarnations of Ancient Hero's?

Questions kept flooding my mind as I flipped through the pages of [f/b], "[Y/n], I've seen you read that book so many times! Don't you ever get tired of it?" Natsu asked, looking as if he was about to puke.

I just looked at him with a facial expression that read, "Really? Are you seriously asking me this?"

"What?" He asked, trying to act innocent.

"Of course not! This is the best book in the universe!" I then started gluing my eyes onto the pages.

Natsu sighed and looked like he was about to fall asleep. But before he could doze off, I shoved the book in his face. He opened his eyes and looked confused.

"Read it," I stated.

"But don't you want to read it?" He tried making an excuse not to read it.

But he failed, because I set the book in his lap and started rummaging through my bag. And pulled out another book. But some old book, oh no, the same copy of the book I gave to Natsu.

"What?! You have two copies the same book?" He whined, knowing that he would now have to read the book.

I just grinned impishly, and went back to reading. Natsu sighed and picked the book as well.

As soon as he got through the second chapter, I could tell he was hooked. His eyes were wide and his face was literally almost touching the pages. It was really funny.

"I told you," I smirked.

He nodded his head, "Yeah, no kidding! Why didn't you tell me about this book before?!" He continued to read.

I just rolled my eyes and put all my books into my bag, but let Natsu keep reading.

We eventually stopped, and I told Natsu he could keep the book. He just yelled in excitement, and skipped off the Train.

Me, (E/n) and Happy just exchanged glances, shrugged, and stepped off the Train.

We found Natsu sitting on a bench just outside the Station, once again, reading.

"Hey, do you wanna head to the guild or--" he cut me off.

"Geez, how long does it take you get off a stupid Train? I was waiting for almost 15 minutes!"

I lay him down onto the bench and acted like I was a psychiatrist, and he was my patient.

"Yes, yes, you might experience the "Time Effect" of reading. So you were actually waiting for us for about 2 minutes at max," I said, scribbling down random notes on a sheet of paper.

He sat up, "Thanks Dr. (L/n), I'll keep that in mind," he laughed.

I laughed as well, and I could tell we were getting a few weird looks.

~Natsu's POV~

"Come on, let's head to the guild, people are starting to stare," I said, pointing a thumb behind me at a few people.

"O-okay," she said between giggles. "But that's what friends are for! Embarrassing other friends! That's what it means to be in Fairy Tail!" She yelled.

"Hey! That's my line!" I ruffled her hair as we all started walking back to the guild.

Once we got back, everyone was asking how the job went. Especially Lucy and Erza, they were all making weird faces like it was a date or something; which made me and (Y/n) blush like crazy.

"It wasn't a date okay?! It was just a friendly reunion!" (Y/n) protested.

"Suuuuuure," they grinned.

(Y/n) just rolled her eyes and sighed, leaning back in her chair, placing her hands on the back of her head.

"Oh yeah! Guess what?" (Y/n) grinned, sitting her seat normally.

"What?" Erza responded, eating a piece of strawberry cake. (Yes, it wouldn't be a Fairy Tail FanFic if it didn't have strawberry cake XD)

"I got Natsu to read today; when we were heading back to Magnolia on the Train,"

Lucy looked wide eyed and Erza almost spit out her cake.

"You did?!" Lucy yelled.

"Hey! Is it all that much of a surprise that I can read?" I asked, having a little rage fit.

"What? Did I hear Natsu can read?" Gray laughed, walking up to us.

I couldn't really take it anymore, "YEAH POPSICLE PRINCESS!!! YOU DID!! SO YOU CAN QUIT CALLING ME "DUMB" NOW!!" I yelled, standing up from my chair.

"I CAN CALL YOU "DUMB" HOWEVER MANY TIMES I WANT ASH-FOR-BRAINS!!" He retorted.

~Your POV~

I grabbed Lucy and Erza's hands and dragged them to the bar. And well all ordered a glass of water.

"You know you sort of started that right?" Lucy asked, sipping her drink.

"Yeah, and now they can finish it," I also drank a little from my glass.

We all finished our waters and heaved a sigh, but then Lucy perked up with an imaginary lightbulb over her head.

She grabbed me and Erza's hands and started dragging us out of the guild, "Hey! Lucy! Where are we going" I trying to get out of her grasp, dang she's strong.

But then I widened my eyes at her reply, "Shopping,"

"Again?!" We were then fully out of the Guild Hall, literally being dragged across the concrete floor.

"Yup!" She smiled, not even caring that we could walk ourselves.

I glanced over at Erza, she just shrugged her shoulders, "This is a Lucy thing," she sighed.

~Lucy's POV~

I mainly dragged them out to take them shopping because I knew it wasn't their favorite thing in the world.

In fact, I knew they could care less about going shopping, so I woul make them enjoy it more.

Once we reached the Mall, I let go of the struggling (Y/n) and Erza, "Come on!" I waved, leading them inside.

And we then started looking around for shops that may fit their liking.

<Author's Note>

Weird chapter, I know. But that's just how I roll sometimes! XD

Natsu: You're a weird Girl, Twisty

Yeah Natsu, I just said that! Now be quiet and get out of my author's note!

Natsu: Sheesh... Anyway (Y/n), looking forward to seeing yah in the next chapter!

This is getting to weird for me... Anyway (Y/n), hope you're still enjoying my story! And I'll be sure to update soon!

Natsu: BUH-BYE!!

Hey! That's my line!