Chapter 19: A Heartfelt Medley

~Your POV~

After everyone went home from the Guild to get some rest for tomorrow, I lay on the couch of Lucy's living room, unable to sleep because of my thoughts on tomorrow.

After about 15 minutes of laying there, I finally drifted into unconsciousness, giving my mind and body the needed sleep.

~~Time Skip Till Next Morning~~

I woke up groggily to the smell of pancakes, bacon and eggs. I sat up and walked into the kitchen to see (E/n) making Breakfast.

"So, I heard about your entry in the contest with Natsu..!" She grinned.

"Yeah? Who told you?" I replayed with a question.

"Lucy. And you're obviously nervous, you answer questions with questions when you're nervous," she pointed out.

"Wow, you sure do know how to ruin the moment don't yah? And yeah, I'm a little nervous," I placed my head in my hands as my elbows rested on the tabletop.

"It's a gift," she smiled as she flew over and placed a plate of Pancakes, Bacon and Eggs in front of me.

I just laughed a dug in. And surprisingly, it was delicious! I took a few more bites but then stopped because of realization.

"Where's Lucy and Zuki?" I asked, mouth stuffed with Pancakes and Syrup.

"Oh, they already left. They woke up about 25 minutes ago, ate, and then left for the Guild," (E/n) explained as she started cleaning up the kitchen.

I nodded and finished up my food. I washed my plate off and tossed it into the Dish Washer. I walked into the living room to grab my hairbrush that Lucy lent me and brushed through the knots in my hair.

Once that was done, I slipped on my shoes, and basically dragged (E/n) out the door. After we finished our jog/flight to the Guild, we opened the doors and walked in.

We were greeted by many of our Guildmates, we smiled and waved at them as we walked by. But my main goal was to find Natsu.

I finally found him at one of the tables talking to Happy while eating multiple pieces of Toast. I laughed and approached the two adorable knuckleheads.

"Hey guys!" I waved as I sat down in a chair across from Natsu.

"Hey (Y/n)! You ready for the contest?" Natsu asked, smile still painted on his face.

"Sure am! You haven't forgotten any of the lyrics have you?" I teased.

"I was just gonna ask the same thing..!" He replied with a confident grin.

"Well I beat yah to it! Now come on! We gotta sign up!" I grinned, grabbing Natsu's arm and pulling him towards the Sign-Up Sheet on the Request Board.

I signed my name and then Natsu signed his next to mine. We gave each other a smile and went back to our table.

We talked for a few minutes between the four of us, until Mira walked up on stage, microphone in hand.

"Alright everyone! Are you ready for some fun?!" She yelled.

The whole Guild yelled "Yeah!!"

"Then let's get this competition started!" She smiled, pulling out a hat. "Okay, here's how it goes... I'll pull a name or names out of the hat written on a piece of paper, then they chosen singer/duet will perform. The judges will decide the winner. And the judges are--!" She pointed at a table to her left.

And sitting on that table were Happy, Carla, Pantherlily and (E/n). {Correct me if I'm wrong, is that how you spell Lily's name?}

That explains why Happy and (E/n) disappeared from the conversation so early. We all looked back towards Mira with smiles and curiosity of who was going first.