Chapter 3

Chapter Three

Adrian shook his head. Shadowhunters didn't visit Pandemonium. They knew it was primarily a downworlder club with a scattering of mundanes interwoven amongst the populace.

But then again, Arian thought, Neither Downworlders nor Mudanes carry a quiver of arrows around.

Adrian was contemplating following the possible shadowhunter when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"I'm not sure. I think somethings happening. I think there's other Shadowhunters here." He told Magnus, scanning his eyes over the crowd. A glimpse of familiar red hair caught his gaze.

As soon as he saw her, he began to push his way through the crowds. If there were Shadowhunters at Pandemonium, then he needed to get Clary out of there.

He say his sister say something to a man before taking his arm. His last glimpse of her, was of the pair walking behind a curtain.

Shit.

Adrian made his way over, intending to follow Clary, when two guards moved to block his entrance.

"No unauthorised guests." The first guard spoke, voice monotone and arms crossed over his chest in what was supposed to be a threatening manner.

Adrian needed to follow Clary. He could feel his heart racing uncomfortably against his chest, panic seeping it's way into his veins and flowing throughout his body.

He couldn't let his sister be lead into the unknown. Especially not in a downworlder club with armed shadowhunters wandering around. She was in danger; a danger she didn't even realise and wouldn't until it was too late.

Glancing back, he saw Magnus dealing with what looked like two circle members.

Why are warlock's always busy when you need them?

The second guard noticed he wasn't moving and stepped forward to escort him away. He complied for a second allowing the guard to walk close behind him. Adrian glanced down checking how far away the guard was. Perfect.

He slipped his dagger out of his sleeve.

Adrian drove his elbow back into the stomach of the guard before whirling around and hitting the guards head with the blunt end of the dagger. He crumpled to the floor knocked out. The first guard made his way forwards realising that Adrian wasn't just another drunk teenager, hoping to sneak his way inside.

The guard swung his fist out in a lightning fast hit towards Adrian's face.

He was fast. Adrian was faster.

Adrian ducked down underneath the fist kicking his leg out knocking the guards out from underneath him. The guard fell down hitting his head hard on the floor below. He wasn't completely knocked out but there was no way he'd be able to come after Adrian.

He slid the dagger back into his sleeve not checking to see if anyone had noticed the commotion as he stepped through the curtains.

He came in to see his sister scream something as she ran towards a girl in a purple dress, knocking her out of the way of a shadowhunter.

Despite his worry, Adrian sighed. Kind of ironic. A shadowhunter saving a demons life.

The demon hissed revealing it's true form as the shadowhunter pushed his sister out of the way of harm. The blonde shadowhunter swung his seraph blade killing the demon.

That moment was a cataclysm, sending the room into chaos.

Adrian pulled his seraph blade out of his jacket seeing the blade come out and light up in his grip. He swung the blade, watching as the demon before him disintegrated, almost immediately turning to strike down another.