A Small Bump - Chapter One

Dedication to Paris7 for the amazing cover!!! Thanks :)

Pic of Luna on the side; not sure if she's a model, if anyone knows her name please let me know :)

***Luna***

I was in my room, sitting in the bed I shared with my mate Emerson, so far I was worried about him; he had gone missing yesterday, and here I was worried sick about him. 

It wasn't like he would disappear days at a time, since we met he had always let me know where he was going and how long he would be. Emerson always made sure that I was safe and at ease. 

I grimaced as again, another pack enforcer let the pack know he couldn't trace the scent of Emerson their Alpha.

I groaned and laid back on the bed, tears in my eyes. 

We were fully mated and I couldn't even feel him through the bond, I didn't feel any pain to signal he was hurt or dead. Though I couldn't even tell if he was alive. 

Where was Emerson? Was he okay?

***2 weeks later***

I was throwing up in the toilet when I suddenly realised how late my period was. I wiped my mouth clean then flushed the toilet before washing my face.

Surely I couldn't be pregnant?

Emerson and I had only had sex once and that was when we mated.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror; bags framed my green eyes, my red hair was knotted and matted. I had not been taking care of myself since Emerson disappeared. I sighed, my normally full lips were chapped and swollen from spewing and wiping my mouth so much. I had red freckles and a slim figure.

I sighed and left the bathroom, deciding to look through my drawers for the pregnancy tests that I had bought for a friend.

I found them and unwrapping the stick, I took it into the bathroom and took it.

The result took three minutes, after that I was holding the white stick in my hands, shocked, worried and most of all scared.

My hands shook,

The test was positive, I was pregnant and I my mate had disappeared.

I inwardly groaned as a million thoughts flew through my mind; how was I going to survive? Could I raise the child on my own? Would we both be safe? Was Emerson coming back? How would he feel about this?

I walked, half stumbling to my bed before laying down and crying. I missed my mate and I missed how everyone would always talk to me. Since Emerson's disappearance no one wanted to know me, no one even cared.

I couldn't tell anyone about the pregnancy, they would shun me. They all suspected me of killing him.

I looked out the window, the trees in the distance glinted in the setting sun.

I went to roll over, spotting a small suitcase.

I then knew what I had to do.

I had to run.

I packed my suitcase with all my essentials, warm clothes, underwear, few toiletries and shoes. I threw in my wallet and my makeup.

After making sure I left the room clean I pulled the suitcase after me. I then opened the window which was 3 stories up and jumped, landing gently on my feet, I shifted and grabbed my suitcase in my mouth, running off into the forrest and off the border.

***