7.7

Dan

Monday arrived too early. I don't want to go to school at all. I completely lost my motivation. I take the book from the cabinet. Art. Fantastic. I'll also see Phil. While I walk, I found Tyler against me.

"Phil left a girl for you, how are you feeling? The school's not talking about anything else," he chuckles.

Phil has always been one of the most popular guys, so it's obvious that everyone talk about him.

"I don't care, honestly," I say and give him a shove, then go into the class and sit in my place.

I open my notebook and start drawing. I don't even know what, actually, I just need to release the tension. Phil hasn't arrived yet in the classroom. Maybe he's sick?

The professor comes and begins to explain the drawing techniques. But I don't care and continue my portrait. It's coming well.

I hear the sound of the door and, "Sorry I'm late prof!"

"Problems of girlfriends huh? For this time is fine Lester, but no more"

Phil does a sigh of relief. The only empty seat is the one behind mine. So he comes here and sits in silence. Some minutes later I hear a note in my hoodie and I take it.

Can we talk later?

I get up to throw it, without even looking at Phil's face and I start listening at the lesson. Then I hear another one.

"Leave me alone?" I whisper, trying to not be heard.

"Dan I told you that I'm sorry and that I want to explain," he says and tries to be convincing.

"I told you that I don't give a shit?" I say raising my voice.

"Howell!" the teacher yells, "This isn't the best language for a school, you know?"

"Sorry," I say doing raise some laughter.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Phil says and gets up, then leaves the room.

Half an hour later Phil hasn't returned yet. The bell of the first hour sounds and I go to my locker to change the book and he's waiting me there. I'm so done with him.

"Dan"

"What the fuck do you want? Leave me alone"

"Look, I'm sorry," he says and looks into my eyes, "I definitely broke up with her"

"And what do I have to do?"

"I did it for you"

"But please," I say laughing. It hurts so much. I close the cabinet, then I start walking, I have science now.

"I swear," Phil follows me.

"If you don't stop following me I'll hurt you"

"You'll never hurt me, you love me," Phil says and I stop. Still staring into space. He didn't say that. He didn't.

"Dan-"

"You're right, you're completely right. I love you. And I was wrong to give my heart to someone who doesn't care. I repeat it just one more time, leave me alone Phil," I say and walk away, and I feel a tear down my cheek.

Fuck, I don't want this.