Day 140 - Night

Niall found himself in a dangerous predicament with the four assholes. Not only were they surrounded by zombies, Niall's wrists were bound behind his back with fucking duct tape of all things! "Someone untie me," He whined, struggling to free his hands as the zombies closed in on them. "I am not about to die because of you idiots!"

An orange blaze surrounded them, giving the black-haired one enough time to slice the blade of a knife through Niall's restraints. "Burn bitches, burn!" The shortest, craziest boy in the group that Niall has come to loathe screamed, having way too much fun with his flamethrower. Niall watched in fear as zombies dropped to the ground, rotten flesh burnt and crispy.

A ring of fire barely kept the zombies at bay, the walking corpses having little to no sense as they crawled through flames like the demons of hell. Niall stomped on a zombie's face, kicking the body back into the fire to burn to ash. "Here," Niall was handed his trusty metal baseball bat by the muscular fellow. "You will need it more than I will."

Damn right he did.

Niall swung hard, knocking heads off and smashing wandering greenish pale hands on the ground. With his sneaker, he mercilessly ground down on an eyeball until it popped. Niall looked up from where he was rubbing his bloody bat on a zombie's pants and shreiked.

A zombie was merely three yards away, running at him while on fire. Niall was tackled to the ground, his metal bat pressed against the burning zombie's throat. Black blood and flesh landed on his face, burnt skin falling onto his trembling frame as the corpse screamed bloody murder.

Jaws snapped dangerously close to his face, brown spittle threatening to fall on Niall's face. With a whimper, Niall narrowly avoided the zombie's rapidly moving hands trying to claw at his face. Niall's skin was singed, pale flesh a burning red from the flames engulfing the rotting corpse on top of him.

Fear clawed at the back of his mind, slowly weakening him as the fatigue set in as well. He was losing strength; fast. Just as it seemed Niall had no hope at fending the zombie off, said thing was shoved off him and shot three times in the head. Niall quickly sat up and extinguished the flame that burned a hole in the knees of his jeans, his hands cold against the raw skin. "Thank you."

"Liam told you right," The black-haired lad snorted. "You are weak and defenseless."

Niall stood up on shaky legs, hands wrapped tight around the baseball bat. He took a threatening step towards the offending boy, blue eyes staring icily into amber ones. "I'm not the one that got us into this mess."

"What are you trying to say, blondie?"

"That no smart person would make so much noise in a zombie-infested mall," Niall seethed, feeling an adrenaline rush as he squeezed the bat between his hands. He felt on edge, as if at any moment, more zombies would come or these four fucking idiots would kill him. "I was doing so well at surviving then you idiots come along, and I nearly die! I told you to get supplies and leave! Why are you still he-"

Groaning and moaning and screaming and shrieking filtered through the narrow passage way between an IKEA and a candy store. "Who's being loud now?"

"Louis, the poor thing is under a lot of stress," Curly-hair reprimanded the crazy guy. "Cut him some slack."

Louis only pouted as he raised the flamethrower and shot a line of fire at the oncoming zombies. Liam and the amber-eyed one pulled Niall into the candy store, curly-hair and Louis following behind as an orange blaze lightened the hallway.

~.~.~.

Niall took a Dum-Dum from a glass jar, unwrapped the candy, and stuck it into his mouth. It was incredibly dark for it was midnight, and sleepiness crept at the corner of his eyes. He didn't trust falling asleep with these people around and zombies trying to break their way inside. Niall sat down on the counter, using the little light from a caramel scented candle in the corner to draw a tally mark in his journal.

Day 141.

He placed the journal back in his backpack, taking out a jacket. It was chilly inside the store, making him shiver in the flannel shirt he had been stuck in for a few days. Niall chewed the root beer flavored sucker, ignoring the sweet pieces sticking in his molars and the front of his braces.

"What's your name?"

Niall raised an eyebrow, half of his face hidden in the flipped-up collar of his jacket. "Blondie."

Amber eyes snorted while Louis snickered at the curly-haired guy from their group, clearly enjoying the sass Niall was giving. "It seems only unfair that we know your name."

"Why?" Niall asked, unwrapping a marshmallow peep from the display case he was leaning against on the counter. "So you know what to write on my grave?"

All four boys shrugged. Niall rolled his eyes as he added more fuel to his sugar rush by opening a chocolate bar and eating it in three bites. "My name is Harry Styles."

"Louis Tomlinson, but I'm fine with Lou."

"Liam Payne."

"Lawrence Miller."

"Seriously, Zayn?" Louis laughed. "Never mind what he says. Half of it is bullshit."

"Shut up, Lou." Zayn sneered at Louis, eyes squinting in annoyance. Niall tried not to laugh at loud, he really did. "What's so funny?"

Niall instantly quieted down at the looks he was receiving. "N-Nothing."

A large knock interrupted anything anyone wanted to say. Then more knocks. Then harsh slams. The zombies were getting active again. Niall gripped the metal bat tight in his hands, pulling his backpack on as he hopped off the counter. He gulped down his fear, raising the bat above his head to ready himself when Harry headed to the door. "One. . . two. . . three!"

Bang!Bang!Bang!Bang!

Gunshots rang out, bullets flying through the flames emitting from Louis' flamethrower. Silence; except for the crackling of fire atop of the zombies. Before anyone could breathe, Niall was darting out of the door to freedom. "Fuck, someone get him!"

Niall ran around the corner, ducking into a beauty salon. His chest moved up and down with each heavy breath he took. He cursed under his breath.

He still didn't have his pistol!

Niall ran his fingers over the metal bat, the faded logo barely legible anymore. Closing his eyes, Niall let his fatigue consume him, and he fell asleep.