Day 172

It had been exactly two weeks since Niall first made the decision to go back to the mall, and he still wasn't there. In fact, he bet that he was far away from the mall; he hadn't even reached the cow ranch that had belonged to the now dead perverted farmer.

He sighed, thinking back to Missy and the military base in London and when he got his braces off and most importantly, the boys - his friends, his "rescuers", his idiots. He kind of misses them, but it was for the best that he went back alone, that the boys stay in London where it's safe and far away from Niall.

He held back his tears, thinking it better to not make too much noise in case he gained nearby zombies' attention. He was starting to run out of bullets from numerous zombie hordes coming to follow him He had about fifty bullets left, not enough for a crowd of zombies running at him. His metal bat could only hit one zombie at a time; there was not enough hope that he could survive alone without bullets.

Coming up on his left was a shack of a house, dark wood prominent in the wet grass and cloudless blue sky - it had just rained the night before, and it was nearing midday. There was a stone chimney, a porch with a rocking chair, and a blue painted door.

Niall checked the perimeter for zombies then kicked open the door to the shack and checked all the rooms in the house thoroughly. He closed the blue door and sat down at the kitchen table, taking off his backpack to look through it.

Niall took out his last granola bar, deciding to only eat half, so that he'd have something to eat for dinner if he couldn't find anything else. The sun reached its peak in the sky meaning it was finally the afternoon, and Niall was curious to see if the house had working electricity. He turned on the big box television and popped in a random cd he had found in the TV cabinet.

It was the first season of The Walking Dead; Niall laughed and turned the TV off before chucking the remote on the couch. He walked out of the room to pilfer the house. There wasn't much, some more medicine and bandages for his medical kit, a couple of batteries for his flashlight, a few water bottles, and a pocket knife that could come quite in handy.

There was no food besides expired pears and moldy bread. Niall decided that he should probably move on from the house soon, after he uses the restroom and grabs the blanket off the couch - the nights were still cold despite the fact summer was here.

By the time Niall was outside of the house, the sun had warmed up the air causing Niall to sweat a bit. Niall covered his head and shoulders in the blanket as a way to block the sun, his pale complexion sensitive to the ultraviolet rays.

~.~.~.

It was nearing night time, Niall's eyes drooping closed every so often for he hadn't had a good night's rest in about two weeks. He was still walking down open road, far away from any safe place to sleep. His steps were getting staggered, his body swaying everytime he blacked out for a second. He even dropped his pistol a few times; luckily it never accidentally shot a bullet.

Suddenly, a scream startled Niall out of his sleepy stupor. He was at full attention, gun aiming in the direction of the scream. In the distance, he could see it - the running, screeching undead corpse running towards him. As it got closer, Niall could see it was armless and naked, pale green complexion contrasting with the bright red of its bloody wounds.

Niall shot at it, the zombie finally dropping dead ten feet away from him. He ran away quickly in case any zombies heard the gunshots.

When Niall quit running, the first few stars were starting to show up in the purple sky, mocking Niall for staying awake when it was clearly time for him to sleep. How much easier would it have been if Niall wasn't alone. . .

------------

This was supposed to be updated before it became 2017, but life has been busy for me. Anyway, do you have any type of zombified creature you would like to read about because I need more things for the boys to fight lol.