Chapter 6: Deal?

Previously in Deception:

"I know you smoke."I turn around and stare at him, blinking. "You smoke on the roof upstairs." He grins.

"You watched me?" I say, with my mouth in an "O" shape.

"Or you were watching me." he smirks.

"Not a chance." I reply calmly, looking over to the cash rep pleading that Mary will see me and call me over, but it looks like she is in the kitchen.

"You didn't like watching me fight?" he asks with his eyebrows raised.

I ignore his question, too stunned by the fact that he even saw me in his drunken state. "In order to be in here, you have to buy something. Someone can ring you up over there." He stands up and stretches. I watch as his flannel lift and reveals his happy trail. I gulp down my words.

"I hope to see you there tonight." He says, making his way to the door, but instead of leaving, he stands next to a tall blonde and wraps his hand around her waist. She smiles at him and sets her magazine down. Then they leave.

Suddenly, I feel so much resentment rise up my veins. His pathetic green eyes only mask his pure malevolence. I don't even realize that I am squeezing the edge of the couch so hard until I can feel my flesh begin to burn.

Alright, Styles.

Maybe I will go to that race tonight. Maybe. Just so I can watch you lose.

Chapter 6:

I work a good five-hour shift and finally after the somewhat abominable five hours, Niall agrees to go with me to the race. He tells me what to expect, a lot of girls with barely any clothing, drunk douchebags, and well, racing.

He tells me that it is one of the rare times that their private school decides to not be so..."contained."

"Just know, if Harry talks to you, I am probably going to bounce." Niall mumbles as we exit from Koffee Kall.

I look up at him with wounded eyes. Here is my chance.

"So, what is up with you two?" I ask, biting my lip. Niall looks down at me and laughs, shaking his head.

"I would rather not get into it."

"Please? I just want to know." I beg.

"It is kind of like me asking you why you flinch every time someone even comes near you. I don't ask you about it because I already know not to even go there." He states bluntly. Bile rises in my throat and I swallow it back. I nod, accepting what he said because I know it is true.

Then, the rest of the walk is quiet.

~

We walk a mile into town until we spot five trucks. These aren't normal trucks however. They are huge trucks, with their hoods completely open and people are actually piling in.

"What in the..." I begin.

"What? You think they can just street race in the smack damn middle of London? This is our transportation." Niall laughs. He told me he only went once a race.

"Where are they taking us?"

"You'll see." He chuckles.

I groan and hop on the back of the second truck and seconds later I am awkwardly smushed next to a group of stoners practically higher than Mount Everest.

Niall gives me his jacket on the way there because I am shivering. I guess moving from Portland to London is kind of a change. Before we left, I slipped on a knit sweater and some black jeans. I wasn't in the mood, to freeze my ass off, yet still, I end up doing just that