Chapter 38: Electric

(AN: PLEASE GUYS, PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER AND THE OTHERS BECAUSE PEOPLE OFTEN FORGET TO VOTE AND IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE AM DOING A CRAPPY JOB HAHA IT WILL TAKE A LIKE 2 SECONDS SO PRETTY PLEASE DONT FORGET TO VOTE)

Previously in Deception:

"You will never know." He says again.

"I know what happened to Ellie. You killed her when she ewas eight years old. And now, now its my turn to kill you." I whisper.

Before my father can move nor reply, I pull the trigger.

I don't even stay to watch his body fall, instead I rush to Harry.

"Harry." I whisper in a panic, taking the edges of my dress and pressing it against his shoulder.

He makes no noise and my tears are trailing down my cheeks onto his chest.

"Stay with me." I whisper, pulling his phone out of his pocket to call the police

"Stay with me." I repeat, more stern.

"I love you Harry." I cry out, bring my face to his chest but there isn't a pulse.

"Harry please. Please." I cry as I lay there in his blood holding hid hand.

Minutes later, sirens fill my ears.

But hope has left my body.

Chapter 38

"Harry!" I scream. One of the doctors is holding me back. I watch as they pull out the defibrillator and rub it together. Harry's shirt had been ripped open as the ambulance vehicle swerves from side to side. I can hear the sirens blast as the cars next to us pull out of the way.

We aren't even to the hospital yet.

"Why isn't he breathing?" I cry but they doctors ignore me. Quickly they press the defibrillator down onto his chest, zapping him. I watch his whole body arch upward and I scream.

"They're trying to get his heart rate back, miss." The man who is holding me says. I feel sick. I see the one person I care about lying lifeless in front of me while we swerve in this damn ambulance truck.

They zap him once more but the heart rate machine still connected to him rings the same, dull sound.

"The bullet penetrated through his lower shoulder, skimming his heart." One doctor whispers to the other as she rubs the defibrillator together again.

"What!" I scream, kicking the arms holding me back away from me. The doctors then press down on his chest a final time as I grab his hand for support.

I hear a shout behind me but its too late. I immediately feel and electric shocks jolt through my body.

The last thing I hear before my eyes shut is the sound of an uneven heartbeat ring throughout the vehicle.

~

"Self defense?" the officer eyes me. I nod anxiously and rub my head. Of course what I wake up to is a police officer.

How lovely.

Not that I ever learned much about medical procedures but apparently touching someone while they are being revived connects the electric shock going through their body to yours.

I wasn't thinking but I needed to touch him, to hold him once last time. The doctors looked as if they had already given up on him by the third shock, so I lunged for him. I needed him to know I was there. I needed him to know it was okay.