Chapter 7: Waiting For Your Service

Previously in Deception:

"And the winner is, now four time winning champion, Harry Styles!" I hear.

I look over at Lexie and once again, it feels as if everyone is looking at me. I understand that a bet is a bet, but this is different. I know how I feel around this guy. It brings back all of the things I don't want to remember.

Before I can stop myself, I shove through the people and approach his car as he drinks a cup of beer while people congratulate him.

"I am not going on a date with you." I say, loud and clear. Everyone turns towards me and Harry's head tilts.

"A deal is a deal babe."

"I am not your babe." I seethe. He steps closer to me, until he is inches away and I can see his anchor tattoo clearly.

"We'll see about that." He smirks passing me and heading towards a group of girls.

I stand there, furious with myself and at this stupid, inked up, absurd jerk.

"Oh and Charlie?" I hear his voice from behind me. I turn around and he has his arm tightly around a girl's waist.

"Wear something tight." He smirks.

Chapter 7:

I wake in the morning to pounding on my door.

"Who is it?" I groan. No one replies, but the pounding continues. I suddenly sit up straight and squeeze on to my duvet.

He found me. He's alive.

I quickly slip out of my sheets and step into the closet. I grab the baseball bat from the shelf and lean against the wall, holding my breath.

"I said who is it." I demand. No reply. Bile rises in my throat and I can hear my heart through my ears. Slowly, I tiptoe over to the door. I touch the nob while griping onto the baseball bat, ready to swing. Right as I am open to open it, the door swings open. I close my eyes and swing the bat.

"Holy...fuck." A husky voice grumbles as he falls to the floor holding his balls.

"Harry?" I half scream. I don't know what it feels like to be hit in the balls but I do know that I swung that thing hard. I thought it was...him.

"You have quite the aim." Harry breathes as he scrunches up into a ball and groans.

"Oh my god. Do you need ice?" I squeal, feeling bad but also trying to hide my smile.

"You aren't going downstairs dressed like that." He whispers, sitting up. I look down at my tank top and boyshort under.

"Shit!" I say audibly, covering my thighs with my arms and flinging myself under the duvet.

"What the hell are you even doing here?" I yell as sits there with his eyes tightly shut, holding his sac.

"I just wanted to make sure you got home last night because I looked for you at the after party and you weren't there."

Oh.

"Yeah, right. You are a very good liar Harry." I mumble. He laughs, shaking his head.

"How did you even get in?" I ask while he attempts to stand up.

"Well after banging on the door a billion times I checked under the matt and wala, a key." He says, tossing me a golden key.

"Okay. Well I am here, thank you for waking me up, asshole. Now can you leave?" I grunt.

"No I want coffee." He smirks.

"Its not my shift til another two hours. Niall's working right now, I am sure he can brew you some." I say, raising my eyebrows. I watch Harry's eyes darken and his fists clench. Woah.

"Then I will wait two hours." He finally says. I open my mouth at him, so fricking frustrated. He looks as if he has just worked out with a large sweat mark on his grey hoodie and a bright orange beanie. He wears black basketball shorts that don't look like they have much coverage...

"No. Get out." I say angrily.

"Make me. Oh but that would mean you would have to stand up right?" he grins, his two dimples practically popping out of his cheeks. I groan and put the pillow over my face.

"Words out that you are coming to Marson." He says after a few moments of silence.

"I haven't decided. There a some pretty big factors stopping me." I eye him and he licks his lips. Stop that.

"Harry I am serious. Leave. Now. Or I will call the police."

"Alright. Alright." He stands lifting his hands up and stretching. His hoodie lifts up slightly and I notice a date tattooed on his left hip. I look away quickly.

"I'll be waiting for your service." He smirks, winks intimately and makes his way out the door. I let out a huge breath and put my head in my hands.

A few minutes and two cigarettes later I take the back exit out of the shop so I don't have to face him again. Why can't he just vanish?

I am in no need of another man that terrifies me. I am in no need to be petrified. I am in London, I am supposed to feel safe.

Mary gave me direction to the nearest library, a few blocks away. When I arrive, I breathe in the steady air and my body begins to relax. I take a seat in front of one of the public computers and rest my head next to the keyboard. Two minutes later, a lady taps me on the back.

"In order to sit here, you must be using the computer." The woman speaks, her accent thick.

"My apologies." I say, pulling the keyboard out and clicking the Internet browser. An idea sparks in my mind and before I can reconsider, I open Google and type my own name.

All I type in is "Charlie Parker" and I see tons of articles old...and new.

"Nineteen year old Charlotte Parker is filed as MISSING. The teen was last seen August 20th 2013." It reads. It is August 24th. My eyes are now locked on the screen, unable to pull away.

"Charlotte who goes by Charlie was abducted, along with her sister Ellie Parker when they were only eight years old by Gary Longsmith. Longsmith held the two identical twins captive for two weeks. Charlie was found nude in the Passentia Woods of Portland, Oregon during a storm. A few miles away was a cabin where Ellie Parker along with Gary Longsmith's bodies were found. Ellie Parker was strangled to death while Gary Longsmith was stabbed and taken to the hospital, later dying there." Tears are stinging my eyes but I refuse to remove them from the screen.

"Charlie Parker claimed to not remember much of what happened as she was drugged by Longsmith." But I do remember, more than they know.

"Her parents believe that her missing may be another abduction as her window was left open and personal items such a phone and computer were left inside."

The screen then shows a list of photos of me, numbers to call, and then finally a young picture of Ellie and I. Then I shut the computer off.

I could no longer be Charlie Parker. I had made the decision to come and here and I wasn't going back. Not to the house where one room lays completely untouched for ten years.

No. I will not go back there. I quickly close the link from the computer and make my way out there. Checking the clock, I realize that if I take the bus I can make it there and back to Koffee Kall in time. I had made my decision.

I am going to attend Marson London Academy.