Chapter 27: Captain Britain

Charlie's POV

We stand there, feet apart as the crowd screams for our fight to begin. I shake my head at my mother, incredibly standing in front of me.

"Mom." I say again, this time coming out only as a breath.

Suddenly, she charges at me and her eyes are wide. I am too shocked to react as she pulls me to the ground and wraps her hands around my neck.

"We have...to look...like..we're fighting." She says in staggered breaths so no one can see we are fighting. Her grip on my neck is tight but not too tight and I almost want to smile at my mother and her dear cleverness.

Though we both know someone must lose.

I swing her over and grunt loudly as my foot hits the beam, actually resulting in pain. My mom pulls at my hair and scratches but if this was a real match, it wouldn't be a question who would win.

"You have to get out of here." My mom whispers as she swings me around and flips my body onto the floor.

"Not without you." I breathe and she shakes her head. People are watching us like animals; it's sickening. The feeling of uttermost repulse has returned. But this time I am caged in.

"When they take me you run. Some don't care if you win, they will still touch you." My mom gulps as I roll on top of her.

"No." I whimper, my eyes streaming. She can't lose.

"Come back for me." she nods at me as she prepares herself for my punch, one that is supposed to "end" it so she will lose.

But I won't.

Instead I remove myself from atop of her and stand up. I look at the lights of the ceiling and don't dare squint my eyes. I wait until I see her, coming out of the glowing light like she used to.

Ellie, of course.

She stares at me and I stare at her, or my figment of imagination. Regardless, I stare at her until the memories float back into my head. Then I let it happen. I fall backwards hitting the floor of the ring, out of consciousness.

The last thing I hear is the announcement of my mother winning.

~

Harry's POV

She falls gracefully, almost as if she was imagining falling back into a mystical ocean. Something like that. She hits the ground with a thud and it sends a shiver up my spine. I keep pushing and pushing through the crowds of people but I just can't reach her. They are dragging her off so I turn to my left and head to the room. I rush past the men already in line and cut someone at the front.

"What the fuck man?" someone shoves behind me and I crack my neck, turning around.

My eyes float to the body they carry next to me, passing the line and setting her down in the bed of the room. I want to throw up.

"Get in the back of the line." Some liquor smelling asshole breathes into my mouth.

"I don't think so." I laugh. I am quick enough to block his punch because it was so damn predictable. I twist his knuckles in my hand until I can feel his bones cracking beneath my hand. The guy is screaming so I finally let go and look past him to the other in line.

"Anyone else?" I hiss, anger is pulsing through me. I turn around after silent responses and rub my knuckles. "Pricks." I whisper.

I look past the curtain and try to see Charlie, if maybe she had awakened, but I can't see anything. I almost want to barge in there to make sure the guards aren't doing anything but I have to stay here. I need to do this.