Chapter - 6

Once he was detangled away from the curtains, Nikshit looked down to find a palm sized hair claw on the floor— which he had stepped on barefoot. It was in three asymmetrical pieces now.

After muttering many alien things to himself he slowly took steps inside after gathering some courage. Not that he was scared, he was just nervous because he has never been into a girl's bedroom alone before, that too unannounced.

Looking around with his face still scrunched up in pain, Nikshit found the room was neat and clean. The window was closed and the walls were empty except the ones adorned with photo frames.

Right beside that wall was the bed and on the bed, Maithili was sitting with one of her legs folded and another leg stretched out flatly, laying down her head on the small table with her hair open, scattered all over the laptop which looked like it was about to fall down on the files that were open with a few pages flown farther on the other side of the bed.

Nikshit hesitantly looked around once more and back at the door, then at the sleeping beauty— whose beauty was hidden beneath the ivy of hair.

“Maithili?” After gathering his thoughts once more he tried to approach nearer. Luckily he got no response in return. Now he can just go out and tell Kaushiki that she's sleeping and he doesn't want to intrude any further. It was already rude to walk into someone's room just like that.

“Maithili?” Nikshit decided to try once more to make sure. What if she's deliberately acting to avoid meeting him? It was a possibility. He didn't want to be blamed for not trying at least. He has to keep it clean from his side.

After getting no response from her again, Nikshit sighed in relief. She seriously seemed to be into a deep slumber.

"At least I don't have to talk to interact with her anymore." Nikshit muttered to himself and turned on his heels when her grumpy voice stopped him midway. He didn't quite catch what she said and turned back around.

“Maithili?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you awake?”

“Hmm?”

“Maithili?”

“Uh?”

“Is it tasty?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you stupid?”

“Hmm.”

Maithili was too sleepy. Nikshit stifled his laugh and decided to mess around her some more. It was silly and he was delighted.

“Maithili, you're falling down! Careful! Careful!”

He really saw her hands clutching on the nearest thing they could grab— the laptop. It was too silly. Nikshit couldn't stop himself from laughing, he kept his hand on the mouth and snorted.

Nikshit decided to be nice after he was done playing a fools game and took a step forward, looking around for something he could use to nudge her awake. He didn't find anything.

“Maithili, wake-up. You're dreaming.”

As expected, he was loud enough for her to stir and groan. Nikshit unconsciously took a step back again when he heard her say something inaudible. This time, he decided to ask her what she said.

“What?”

“Get lost!”

What?

“What?” Nikshit couldn't believe his ears. Did she really just ask him to get lost?