The Quest for Narnia: The Lost Love

Chapter One

(Madi's POV)

I sprinted down the streets of London towards the train station. I couldn't be late for my interview. I just couldn't. This was very important to me, if I aced this interview with the Head of the School Board, then I would get a scholarship at The University of England. That was the hardest school to get into in the whole country, and if I was late to my interview I would definately NOT get in. Being late would have been a horrible first impression.

"Madi? Is that really you?" I heard someone say behind me as I crossed the street. I spun around to see who had said my name, and saw a young little girl standing before me. She had cute little freckles, dark hair in two small braids, and adorable little buck teeth. She was wearing a  red school uniform, grey little hat, and small black boots.

"LUCY!" I said happily and ran to her. I wrapped my arms around her, and she hugged me back. It had been two years since the last time I had seen her. It had been two years since I had left the professor's house to live on campus at my new boarding school. Two years since I had heard from three out of the four Pevenesies.

Two years since Peter and I broke up.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her, a huge grin on both our faces.

"Well, I was looking for Susan. Peter has gotten himself into a......um.....a little problem." she said. My smile disappeared.

"Take me to him." I demanded. She nodded, pulled me towards the subway, and into the little station. I was shocked to see that a crowd had grown. Lucy and I struggled to get to the front of the huge group of people. Shouting erupted from all around us. This didn't sound good to me. Once Lucy and I fought our way through the large mass of men, women, and children, I stared in shock at the scene before me.

"Oh no. Peter." I said to myself. He had gotten himself into quite a situation. Peter was in the middle of a fist fight. Three other boys were tackling him and rolling around on the floor, fists were flying and elbows were slamming against eachother. Three against one.

Peter was that 'one'.

I was shocked when I saw a figure barrel past me and into the fight, trying to seperate the three from Peter. I immediately recognized the couragous man. Edmund. He had grown so much since the last time I had seen him. He had gotten taller, and looked even more handsome. Out of all the Pevensies, he was the one that had been the most determined to stay in contact with me. He had been the one I would write the letters to. Whenever I picked up my mail and saw that there was an envelope with his name on it addressed to me, I always smiled. We had been writing back and forth for a very long time now.

Peter looked up from the ground, and made eye contact with me. We stared at each other for a second, as he tried to remember who I was. I rolled my eyes, giving him a hint, and he suddenly knew how he had known me. Regret and sorrow appeared on his face and I knew he was remembering our break-up.

"Madi!" he shouted from the ground. I couldn't believe this. I was getting ticked. I turned around to leave, when I felt a small hand on my shoulder. Lucy. I couldn't leave her in the middle of this. I wasn't just going to leave her alone in this huge crowd. Thankfully, two police officers arrived at the scene, seperating the boys. The crowd began to thin out, and I took Lucy over to a bench to sit down. My blood was boiling. I paced back and forth, my anger showing on my face.

"Madi? Is that you?" I heard a voice say behind me. I smiled, knowing exactly who it was. I spun around and wrapped my arms around him.

"Ed! I missed you so much!" I said and squeezed him tight. He embraced me back, spinning me around in the air. I could hear him chuckling and I giggled as he set me down.