Chapter Three

Chapter Three

(Madi's POV)

We walked down the path to the small cove once again, olny this time there was a different scene playing out infront of us. Instead of the water being calm and beautiful, it was becoming stirred and filled with ripples caused by a small boat being rowed a few meters away from us.

"What's going on?" Lucy asked me. I gasped, realizing the Telmarines in the boat were holding up a small dwarf-ish body. They looked like they were about to throw him over-board.

"Oh no." I said and ran towards the boat.

"Hey! What are you doing?!?" I screamed at the Telmarines. They saw me and a look of worried appeared on their faces. I looked at the person they were holding in their arms and immediately knew who it was.

"Trumpkin!" I shouted, recognizing the dwarf. The Telmarines dropped his tied body into the deep water. An arrow zipped past my head, striking the side of the boat. Another hit one of the soldiers in the shoulder, sending them both into the deep water. Susan obviously hadn't lost any of her skills.

I ran to the edge of the water and threw my sword on the ground. I dove after my friend into the freezing water. I didn't bother listening to the Pevensies' frightened shouts. I just continued to swim. I opened my eyes underwater, searching for my dwarf friend, my long blonde hair flowing freely around me. There I saw him, laying on the bottom of the cove. I kicked my feet, my hands reaching for him. He and I made eye-contact, and I wasn't sure if it was excitment in his eyes or terror. I grabbed the cord that was binding his hands together and pulled. When it didn't come off, I decided that I'd just drag him up to the surface.

"Madi...what in the name of Aslan...are you doing here?" Trumpkin asked me in between coughs as he hacked up all the water in his lungs once we reached the beach.

I looked around and noticed that Edmund and Peter were busy dragging the Telmarines' boat to the shore while Susan and Lucy raced towards me to see if I was alright. They all had worried expressions on their faces.

"It's a pleasure to see you too." I said to Trumpkin. He just gave me a small smile and hugged me. I hugged him back. It was amazing to be by my old friend once again. I could remember meeting him as if it happened yesterday.....

I wandered through the forest, searching for my way back to the wardrobe. I wanted to leave, even though I knew Caspian would freak out once he found out that I was missing. I had to go home. I couldn't stay in Narnia forever.

As I marched through the woods, I heard a twig snap behind me. I quickly pulled out my sword, the tip pointing in the direction the noise had come from.

"Who's there? Show yourself." I demanded. There was a short pause, then I watched a small figure walk out from behind a tree. He had a long beard, was possibly an inch over three feet tall, wore old commoner's clothes, and had a bow and a sling of arrows hanging from his small belt.

"You aren't going to kill me, are you?" he asked with a chuckle. I stood my ground, then slowly lowered my sword.

"You're a Narnian, aren't you?" I asked him. He chuckled.

"Of course I am, what do I look like?" he asked sarcasticlly.

"I haven't seen many Narnians around here lately. Not since the last time I was in Narnia." I said to him as I put my sword away. He just continued to chuckle.

"The last time a Narnian was seen by a human was over...." he trailed off, obviously realizing who I was. He stared up at me, a confused expression on his face.

"You-you're her? You're the legendary queen of Narnia?" he asked. I smiled and nodded.

"I'm Madi. And you are?" I asked him as I extended my hand. He stared up at me in awe.

"I'm Trumpkin, it's a pleasure meeting you, Your Highness." he said as he took my hand and kissed it. I smiled at his gentleman-like actions.

"It's nice to meet you, too. Could you help me find my way back home?" I asked him. I then explained to him how I had entered his world, and how I was suppost to get back. He nodded in understanding and happily showed me the way. He obviously knew exactly where it was.

****************************

(Peter's POV)

I helped Edmund pull the boat onto the shore when I saw Madi out of the corner of my eye. Madi, Lucy, and Susan were all talking to the Narnian that she had just saved. He was obviously very happy to see Madi again. I still can't believe she had been here again without us and didn't inform us of that small fact.

"Peter, this is Trumpkin, an old friend of mine." Madi said as she introduced us. I shook the little fellow's hand.

"You wouldn't happen to know the way to other Narnians, would you?" Madi asked him. He smiled and nodded.

"They've created a camp a few miles from here. I could take you to them if you'd like." he said happily.

Madi smiled and slung her arm over his small shoulders as they began to walk towards the woods. They obviously were good friends. I envied the fact that 'Trumpkin' was closer to Madi than I was. But I guess it was my own fault, I shouldn't have broken up with her in the first place.

We all followed the two friends.

"Don't get any ideas." I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around and saw Ed glaring at me.

"You hurt her once, I'm not going to let you do it again." he said to me and walked ahead towards Madi and Trumpkin.