Chapter Thirteen

NOTE:

Hey everyone!

I'm going to tell you who's winning so far in the 'Who's going to be with Madi?' voting subject. I may have not counted right, so don't chew me out if I'm wrong. Anyway, the points so far are.....

1st Place: Peter

Number of Votes: Nine

_____________________

2nd Place: Caspian

Number of Votes: Five

_____________________

3rd Place: Edmund

Number of Votes: Two

_____________________

I kind of feel sorry for Edmund, but I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles. I thought you guys would want to know who's winning. Anyway....you may continue voting and reading!!!  :)

************************************

Chapter Thirteen

(Caspian's POV)

I walked out to the small area Miraz and Peter would battle. Peter and Edmund were already there, preparing for the duel in the middle of the battlefield. I looked back and saw the entire Narnian army behind us, their hopes vibrating through the air. I quickly wiped my eyes before anyone could tell I had been crying earlier.

My father used to tell me before he died that kings don't cry. Whenever I hurt myself he always said future kings don't cry. But I realized sometimes you just can't help it, sometimes you just need to let it out. Nomatter what caste you belonged to.

She had to live. Madeline had to live. I didn't care if she chose me, Edmund, or Peter. She couldn't die. She just couldn't. I needed her, the Pevensies needed her, Narnia needed her. She was a queen, of course her kingdom needed her.

Suddenly a thought struck me.

I would need a queen when this was over if I became king. My heart began to race. Madeline wouldn't go with the Pevensies and leave her kingdom again, would she? She would stay here and become queen, just like she was suppost to before.....wouldn't she?

A small smile appeared on my face as I unsheathed my sword. Madeline and I both had identical ones, we had gotten them the first time I had seen her in Narnia. They reminded us both of friendship tokens like matching braclets and necklaces. But I hadn't liked the idea of matching jewelry, so we had both agreed on matching weapons.  I didn't care if she chose one of the other kings, all I cared about was that I'd get to at least be friends with her for a little longer. She left too quickly last time, I didn't even get to say good-bye.

I shook my head, trying to erase all of my happy thoughts. I was just setting myself up for heart-break. What if she would go back? What if she would leave again?

What if she was dead?

I prayed that Lucy would find her in time as I approached the other kings.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

(Lucy's POV)

I held the gifts for Madi from Caspian tightly in my hands, hoping that I would be able to give them to her soon. My horse continued to run through the forest, it's hoofbeats matching the speed of my heart. After a few minutes, felt something swish past my head. I turned around and saw six or seven Telmarines on horseback following me.

I screamed.

"Help! Someone! Anyone!" I shouted, knowing that no one friendly was around. But I knew I had to try. There was still a small sliver of hope in my heart. Arrows continued to fly past me, imbedding themselves into trees as they narrowly missed me.

Then suddenly a loud roaring sound filled the air. I turned my head around again and saw that all the Telmarines had disappeared.

Gone.

As if they had never even been chasing me in the first place.

I pulled the reins, causing my horse to stop running. I quickly jumped off and pulled out my dagger, looking around cautiously. I stepped a few feet away from my horse in the direction I thought I had heard the roar.

"Aslan?" I asked quietly, hoping that I was safe and no longer in danger. I heard a rustling sound behind me and quickly spun on my heal, but saw nothing. My horse had disappeared, just like the Telmarines had.

I was hoping that I wasn't next.

"Lucy." two voices said in unison . I looked over my shoulder at a rapid speed and gasped in shock. I took a step back, tripping and falling on my rear-end. My breath was caught in my throat as the two figures approached me.

One was recognizable. He stood on four legs, had light bright fur, a glossy mane around his head, a tail, a deep voice, and kind eyes. Just being in his presence made a sudden burst of joy erupt inside me.

"Aslan." I said under my breath. He looked at me, his usual cat smile on his face. I stared at the other person beside him skeptically.

She stood on four legs, like Aslan, had blonde fur, a tail, blue eyes, and a kind smile. It was a lioness.

"Who is this?" I asked as I got to my feet. The lioness stepped forward till she was nearly a yard away from me. She grinned, her eyes twinkling.

"I can't believe you could've possibly forgotten about me." she said with a shocked voice. Then the pieces clicked into place and I gasped. I ran towards her, wrapping my arms around her. She chuckled as I squeezed her tight.

I couldn't believe it. When all hope was lost.....

.....I had found her.

"Madi!"