Chapter Seven

Quick Author's Note: I'm going to be switching POVs often in this chapter, just to make it easier for you guys to understand what exactly is running through their minds as the scenes play out. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Chapter Seven

(Madi's POV)

I ran towards the group, hearing Peter shouting my name behind me. I didn't listen to him. I didn't stop. I didn't even care anymore that my feet were killing me and that my new blisters on my feet were starting to bleed. I ran into the temple, recieving strange stares from some of the Narnian soldiers. But I continued on. I watched as the creatures sharped weapons, polished shields, even try a few of them out in friendly combat. I spotted Trumpkin from the corner of my eye and ran to him, noticing that Peter was gaining on me as the seconds rolled by.

"Trumpkin, have you seen Caspian?" I asked him. He nodded, noticed my shaky-state but decided to ignore it, and pointed to a hallway lit with torches. I thanked him, then made a run for it. I could hear Peter's quick foot-steps behind me, but thankfully I was quicker. I sprinted down the corridor, noticing that it was covered in different kinds of wall paintings. But I didn't spend time admiring the pictures. I had to find Caspian.

********************

(Peter's POV)

I followed Madi, trying to keep up with her. I knew who she was looking for. I knew that she was trying to avoid me, but I couldn't help but be a little happy. She said that this was hard for her, which meant there still was a small possibility that she was interested in me. That was a good sign on any level. I watched her turn a sharp corner, and I followed. I finally was gaining on her, she was obviously losing her breath.

I was just about to stop her when we finally reached a big room, lit by flames along the walls. In the middle of the room was a stone table. But not just any stone table. It was the Stone Table that Madi was been murdered on only years before. I could remember that time as if it was yesterday, how sad we all were, how much I cried. I had never shed so many tears in my whole life.

She stopped in her tracks when she realized what exactly she was seeing. Herbreath was caught in her throat, she obviously didn't like the memories that came back with this huge slab of rock. All the anger and confusion erased from her face and was replaced with sorrow and grief. I put my hand on her shoulder and she quickly buried her head in my chest.

I was shocked from her sudden actions, but was over-joyed at the same time. I wrapped my arms around her, holding her close, trying to make her feel protected, safe. It felt like centuries since the last time I had held her like this, the last time we had been so close.

"Madi? Are you alright?" I heard a voice say behind us.

Edmund.

I looked down and realized that she was crying, her tears were staning my shirt. She quickly stepped out of my embrace and tried to hide her tears.

"Yes, Ed. I'm fine. It's just that I'm still very traumatized over what happened on this table." she said to him, taking a few steps towards the solid piece of mass in the middle of the room. She gently lay her hand on it, as if she pressed too hard it would burn her.

"I remember you telling me about what happened." I heard a voice say behind me. But this time it wasn't Ed. It was Prince Caspian. He walked past me, his eyes glaring evilly at me as he went by, then stood beside Madi, his arm resting over her shoulders. Suddenly Lucy and Susan ran in, worried looks on their faces.

"We've seen a Telmarine scout."

******************************

(Madi's POV)

"It's only a matter of time. Miraz's men and war machines are on their way, that means those same men aren't protecting his castle." Peter said to the crowd of Narnians that had gathered in the small Stone Table room. I sat on it next to Lucy, her head resting sleepily on my shoulder.

"What do you suppose we do, your Majesty?" Reepicheep asked him. Caspian and Peter both started talking at the same time, then stopped. Caspian looked over at me and we gave eachother sheepish smiles.

"Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us." Peter said after a moment of silence.

"That's crazy, no one has ever taken that castle." Caspian said.

"I agree with Caspian. It's suicide. No one has ever dared to attack it. I've been there, the security is highly ranked. We wouldn't stand a chance." I said, voicing my opinion. Peter obviously didn't like it that I was taking Caspian's side, but Caspian seemed pleased and gave me a thankful nod.

"There's always a first time." Peter said in a 'DUH' kind of tone. I rolled my eyes at him.

"We'd have the element of surprise." Trumpkin spoke up.

"But we have an advantage here." Caspian explained.

"If we dig in we could probably hold them off in definately." Susan said, letting her voice be heard in this verbal conflict. Peter glared at her, obviously feeling out-numbered right about now.

"I for one feel safer under ground." Trumpkin's badger friend said. Peter looked over at Caspian, obviously starting to get desperate.

"Look, I appreciate what you've done here. But this isn't a fortress, it's a tomb." he said to him. I clenched my fists. Peter was always acting like a control freak. He always had to be in charge or he'd get ticked off.

"Yes, and if they're smart the Telamrines will just wait and starve us out." Edmund piped in, taking Peter's side. Peter looked over at one of the general centaurs, obviously not caring enough to listen to logic and the smart people in the room.

"If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?" he asked the centaur. He looked over at me, seeking approval since I was the High Queen and Peter was the second in command. Can you tell how truly ticked off I am about this? Peter was such an idiot! I just want to point that out right now. I shrugged to the centaur, letting him decide what he wanted to do. There was a short pause as everyone waited for an answer.

"Or die trying." the centaur answered.

So it was settled.

Peter had just signed me up for my own death.

Thanks alot, buddy. (Sarcasm)