Chapter 2: YOU!

I am holding in my arms Maximus (he's my cat). While I watched my Mom prepare the chicken for roasting.

"You seem happy?" I commented, looking at Mom whistling as she puts the chicken inside the oven.
"Well, it's been quite a while since we have guests for dinner" she answered "Please call your Dad for me and tell him to don't forget to buy me cherries, I'm making Cherrie Pie"

"My favorite" I made a toothy grin and put Maximus down to call Dad. After the 3rd ring, Dad picks up the call.

Hey Dad! Where are you? Mom said
don't forget her cherries.

I'm already on my way to the
groceries to buy the cherries.

Can you please grab me some
Cheetos on the way, Thanks, Dad! Love you!

Okay! I need to end this, I'm driving.

Okie Dokie! Bye, Dad!

I ended the call, putting the phone down on the kitchen island.

"What did your Dad say?" Mom asks, Mixing the salad together.

"He's on his way for the cherries" I forked some of the salad "hmmmmnnn, tasty!" giving out a moan.

"I know right?" She winks and continues to mix the salad.

****

Getting dressed is what I am doing. Mom wanted me to dress up to be more presentable rather than just wearing an oversized shirt and leggings.  Maximus was stretched laying on my bed.

"What do you think?" I ask him. "Cute right? But is it a bit too much?" I look at my reflection on the mirror, scanning my dress. It's a white dress with blue flower paintings on the bottom part.

I'll wear this in case Lily's son is cute.

"Then maybe he's the one" I slightly squealed in the thought, I just tied my hair on a side braid so I may not seem to be trying too hard. Picking up Maximus from the bed, I went downstairs to the kitchen.

"Help me with the table please, Cassie" Mom said holding the plates, I arranged the table putting on the glasses and utensils and Dad carrying the food to the table. The doorbell rang as we have just finished preparing the table. "Cass, open the door please" Mom said giving the table some final touches and I do what I was told. I open the door smiling seeing Lily, Lucy and His Dad.

"Good Evening!" I said.

"Good Evening Cassie!" Lily has a cake on one hand and holding Lucy on the other "This is my husband Jerry" she introduced.

"Good Evening!" He said politely smiling.

"We brought Cake" Lucy happily announce, this kid being cute as always.

"Thank you!" I said to the little girl "Please do come in!" I ushered them inside the house.

I thought there's a son.

"Chace!" Lucy looking back at the door.

Chace?

I looked at another figure by the door, my eyes widen and my jaw-dropping as I saw my most hated person at my door.

He's the Son?! No way!

"Glad you decided to join us" his Dad said but he seems to ignore him texting on his phone.