Chapter 22: Faults and Windows

I was rehearsing what I'm going to tell him all night, I didn't even bother to welcome my parents home from their trip for I was too busy.

In my hand was the paper, written my sort of speech. My hands were terribly shaking and sweating in nervousness. I was such a jerk yesterday towards him and I needed to apologize, plus I needed to tell him something. I saw him with his friends, he just glanced at me and totally ignored me afterward.

"I'll just talk to him later" I turned my heel to walk out of my embarrassment and in accident I bumped into Megan.

"Are you blind?!" She brushes her top like dust was scattered all over it.

"Sorry" I immediately said, I didn't want trouble so I walk pass her but she caught my arm.

"Wait, I still have something to say" she smirks evilly.

"Make it quick, I don't have time" I boredly said as I yank my arm out of her grasp.

"You might want to hear it" her friend said cocking a smile the same as Megan, she seem like Megan's clone starting my head to toe.

"What?" I roll my eyes at her.

"I might have won this war" she licks her upper lip.

"What do you mean?" My brows meeting each other as I sink in the thought of Megan's words.

"Chace, he came crawling back to me last night. I told you he'll get bored with you" she said gaining a triumphant smirk on her lips. "We had so much fun, well if you know what I mean." She winks, the paper that I was holding was now all crumpled as I fisted my hand.

I wouldn't want to make her notice that it affected me, though it felt like a spear to my heart. "Good for you then" I smiled at her. "You deserve each other" I said not wanting her to trace my real feelings underneath.

"I know!" She giggles annoyingly, though I wanted to slap her both cheeks but I restrained myself from doing it. I wouldn't want to stoop down to her level.

"If you'd excuse me, I have other things to do." I then walked away, I don't want to hear more of the details.

Looking at my fist and felt the crumpled paper. "Stupid." I muttered to myself. I threw the paper at a nearby trash can.

I don't have the right to get hurt for it was my fault, I pushed him away but if he really liked me he shouldn't have crawled back to Megan in his sorrow.

****

"You okay?" Amy asked as I have my head buried under my arms. I gave her a thumbs up in reply.

"She's been like that since I got here" Maggie said bitting her apple.

"What's the problem?" Amy asked her.

"I don't know and don't bother asking, she won't answer you" I can picture Maggie's sour facial expression.

"Hush!" I stopped them both, finally lifting my head up and the light almost blinding me.

"What's with you?" Amy ask. I didn't get to answer as Pheobe arrived, but thank Goodness.

"Hey girls!" Pheobe greeted with a huge grin on her face "I heard this gossip, that our school's bad boy was turned down by some girl and is now rebounding on Megan." She nodded, I slam my palm onto the table taking the girls aback.

"THAT'S BULLSHIT!" I took my bag with me, storming out of the cafeteria. But as I walked out the door I bumped into someone again, and that someone in my bad luck was Chace "Ahm I-"

"Watch where you're going next time" he plainly said but before he can enter the cafeteria. I had the courage to speak, probably out of pissed. I wanted to hate him but there's just this part of me that still blames me about what was happening, if only I had accepted his affection and all of this wouldn't have happened.