♚ Chapter Twenty

[dedicated to Patty for the amazing banner]

CHAPTER TWENTY

Ever since that kiss that happened with Philip in the Royal Garden four days ago I couldn't stop thinking about Alastair. When my lips first met Philip's I felt myself slipping away, my heart staying still while my mind told me to be overjoyed and excited. All thoughts of Alastair - his enticing grey eyes, his jet black hair that always called to be tugged at fiercely or even his enticing lips against mine, his body pressed up against mine - all of those thoughts slipped away. But the instant Philip's lips left mine in need of oxygen all thoughts of Alastair entered my mind and I found myself comparing the two men that I had found myself attracted to.

Alastair didn't smile much but it wasn't that that I minded. He would simply acknowledge me and then leave me be without telling me that we have a study session and that is was of high importance that I learn everything about Deidrif and all Kingdoms alike.  When I confronted him about this he had told me that the King thought it was great that I was spending time with Phillip, a fellow Royal who I was actually getting along well with and that my education deserved a rest for a week. I suspected that that was only half the truth but a part of me was glad because whenever I was in the presence of Alastair I kept rethinking my emotions.

Every time I caught a glimpse of him, or when his silvery gaze accidently caught mine, or when I caught him looking at me longer than necessary - all of that would make my heart jump, it would make it beat faster and weirdly enough it didn't hurt. It made me feel giddy, excited and even a little flustered. But when I thought about Philip I couldn't come up with one reason as to why I would dislike him. Sure he didn't have the same effects on me as Alastair did but he was certainly charming and sweet, and he made me feel appreciated. Maybe it was the fact that Philip had always made me feel good, maybe it was his forwardness with his emotions that made me like him even more. His lips weren't as soft as Alastair's and neither were they demanding but his kisses were passionate and sweet, gentle and tentative and my mind kept telling me that I enjoyed it, that I loved the feel of his lips against mine and maybe I did.

It's just that when I get a glimpse of Alastair, doubts about my feelings that seemed to grow by the hour for Philip filed into my mind.

There was an unexplained attraction that I felt for Philip Rowstring. I felt drawn to him. Connected, as if he were my other half. Something about him just clicked. In both the spiritual manner and physical manner. But everything was so smooth, so lovely, so wonderful that I thought that harbouring any feelings for Alastair was useless. It was a waste of time and emotion.

I was sitting on my bed, my head on Philip's lap, feeling the heat from his thigh tease at my face, feeling his arm glide up mine and the instant Philip leaned down and leaving just a few inches of air between us, his chocolate brown eyes now resembling a dark chocolate colour, my train of thought about where my feelings truly lay - with Alastair or Philip - vanished.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered, his breath tingling my lips and every inch of my face before those very pink lips of his captured mine into a passionate kiss. His lips pushed against mine with purpose and I found myself reacting fast, wanting more and more and much more.

My arms were around his neck and in his soft blonde hair in the blink of an eye, my body was already slotted against his as I took my place on his lap. He bit down on my lip and I opened my mouth, permitting him entrance before I grabbed a fistful of his hair and pulled on it, making him moan before I felt his hard length press against the edge of my butt.

We pushed and pulled, kissed fervently until we were all out of breath and laid side by side, with my head by the crook of his neck and his hand stroking down my hair. After a few seconds of silence which I had used to collect my breath and return my heart rate back to its normal pace after the exhilarating last few minutes, I couldn't help but let out a content sigh.