♛ Chapter Thirty-Six

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT 

⚠ WARNING: MATURE CONTENT ⚠

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

"Voila!"

I had thrust the door to our suite open, the extravagance hitting us in one full swing. Alastair smiled as he stepped in, his eyes bouncing from one corner to the other and I did the same, hauling my baggage forward, closing the door softly behind us and scanning the room with my eyes. The suite was undeniably pricey but with us only spending a week here all alone I honestly couldn't even give a damn at how expensive the room was because as long as I got to spend a whole uninterrupted week with Alastair before we both vowed never to touch each other I was going to be okay.

At least that was what I had been telling myself until we had gotten here. Taking one step into the room, it suddenly hit me; Alastair and I only had seven days, seven days and I will never get to see him again, well at least not in the same way that I wanted to see him. Just watching him stand here now with his eyes taking in the modern beauty of the suite made me want to jump right on him and take him straight to bed. It had suddenly hit me that I couldn't be with Alastair the way I'd want to after these seven days were over but instead of getting overly emotional about it, I put on a brave smile and walked towards him. Tugging at his arms, I said, "come on, we've got things to do. We can't stand here all day."

●════════●

The movie was coming to a close and it was hard for me to concentrate on it when I was too distracted by how Alastair Ignacio was extremely transfixed by the movie, the way the evening light bounced off his slightly dark skin, and how his expressions were no more hidden and kept changing. I knew the Lion King was a good choice and I planned to show him all the other movies he'd missed out on but I was too busy marvelling in the way he animatedly talked about it once the end flashed across the screen.

It was quite a sight to see Alastair so hyped and excited about one thing that I couldn't help getting excited along with him too even though I had watched the Lion King about a hundred million times. The older I grew, the more attached to this specific movie I became and because of the Lion King's brilliance it was not so hard to figure out what had caused my attachment.

"It really does sound like I stole the line from the Lion King, doesn't it?" he mused, a frown on his face. "Rest assured I did no such thing because that saying was long released before this movie came out. Maybe the Lion King stole it from our world."

The way he said our world made my heart inflate with warmth and I found myself smiling at his childish words and letting out a light giggle. "Does it matter? These are two different worlds and in the end, that line speaks the truth," I said softly, threading my fingers through his as I leaned back on the couch and supported my head with my other hand, tilting my head in my hand to look at him.