Chapter Nineteen

*Vic's POV*

"W-What'd you call me?" My heart skipped a beat.

"Vic?" She responded.

"N-No, you called me V-Vico," I stammered.

She giggled, "You're hearing things," she paused for a minute, "But Vico does sound cute."

I sat up and saw her silhouette sit up too, "Kellin... that was his special nickname for me."

"Are you insinuating that I'm Kellin?" She asked, her voice became serious.

I ran my fingers through my hair, "I-I don't know, you confuse me..." I sighed.

I wanted to smack myself, how could I think that he would come back as a girl? Kelly probably thought I was insane, maybe even delusional. A psychopath, maybe? She stayed quiet so I continued.

"You remind me so much of him. Your sass, your walk, your gaze, the way you act," I looked in her direction, "Just everything."

"Hypothetically," she cleared her throat, "If I was Kellin, what would you do?"

Again, she threw me off. It was always the 'what ifs' that I didn't know how to answer. I guess I would never know until it actually happened. Till then, I was stuck with wonder.

"You see? It's that that fūcks me up, you always ask me 'what if' this or 'what if' that," I said in frustration, "Why don't you pretend to be Kellin and tell me what he would say?"

I was about to stand up and walk away when she grabbed my arm, "Okay, okay!" She sobbed, "I confess! It's me, Vic, it's me!"

"Wh...What?"

She knelt in front of me, cupping my cheek, "It's me, Kellin."

I scoffed, "Quit playing games, Kelly! You're only making this worse!"

"Why would I lie?" he said softly, "Look at me."

"I-I can't."

"Vic," he began to protest.

"No, I literally can't. The lights are off," I said, making us laugh.

"It's me, Vic. I came back," he hugged me, laying his head on my shoulder.

I was in shock, Kellin was actually here with me. He was right in front of me this whole time, how could I have been so dumb to not notice? He was dressed as a woman this whole time, it's insane how he was able to do that. I didn't know whether to be mad or glad, so I stuck with glad.

It took me a moment but I hugged him back, "Why'd you leave? What happened? Was it something I did? Was-"

"Shh," he pressed his finger on my lips, "None of this was your fault."

"You left for years and you came back as a female, I'm just," I looked away in disbelief, "You confused me!"

He giggled but slowly came to a stop, "Dressing this way was nice but it was only to deceive Jaime."

"Jaime? What does he have to do with this?" I began to fume.

"That night..."

*Kellin's Flashback*

"It's okay, I'll be fine," I kissed Vic's cheek, leaving him in shock. I was exiting the library when I bumped into someone, "Oh! Sorry!" I quickly apologized.

"Kellin, come to my office," my heart sank, Mr. Preciado's voice didn't sound too friendly.

I quietly accompanied him and entered his office. He closed the door, leaving us in complete silence.