••• Twenty •••

It's been four days since I last day Nixon. Yes, it's the usual, he's gone for the weekend or a few days up close to New York, yet this time he hasn't contacted me at all.

I have four weeks till I graduate, till I'm free of my home as a future awaits in Colorado. Or is it here? Do I decide to stay for a man and pack I've come to know as family?

My mind is filled with questions as I turn my head to look it the window.

Something grabs my attention, something that causes me to rise to my feet.

A black car rolls into the driveway, the windows tinted to the max, the design sleek, and an eyebrow raising upon my face.

A women steps out, a beautiful one with long brunette locks, a beautiful muscular build, dressed down and causal as she talks to someone.

But who?

A man hops out, massive build, a leather jacket, arguing with the female as they look at Nixon's house. What are they here for? Him? Wolf business? They won't find the Alpha here, but a human bearing his mark. What if they're here for the wrong reasons, to harm me. Nixon said I was to become a target of I wore his mark.

The female walks up to the front door, still talking with the man as my heart skips a beat with the knock upon the door. Would Nixon want me to answer? Should I?

I open the door, making my move as the spring breeze meets my face.

"Yes," I ask, my voice weaker than I had hoped as the woman and man stand before me. Could they be rogues, a part of Nixon's world he warns me of.

The woman offers me a soft smile. "Lily?"

I nod, feeling not to happy that she knows who I am by a single guess. Maybe Nixon told her of me?

"I'm Sybil, a friend of your mate."

My eyes widen, my skin paling as I know this could either turn out good or bad for me. "Nixon knows you?" I ask, thinking of the girl probably no older than five years of my age with Nixon. I trust him enough to know he's not running around, but I scared that this girl might try and take him from me.

The woman's eyes go to my mark, the one Nixon left claiming me as his and only his. "Yes, I've met him at the palace."

"Palace?"

What palace? Is there some random palace where deals are done in the werewolf world? Is there some type of head Alpha that rules the other packs?

"Let's talk inside," Sybil responds, nodding to the inside of Nixon's house. Should I let her in?

As I open the door wider, Sybil and the man with her enter the house, walking right towards the first sitting room in sight. "Nice place here," Sybil compliments as I nod, thanking her. "I should probably fill you in on who I am and why I am here."

Sybil takes a seat across from where I stand, looking beautiful as she sits there, cross-legged. It's a chair I've found Nixon sitting in countless times as he just stares outside. "I am Sybil Black, the fiancée to Alpha King Zion," Sybil state right away. "I've come here because I need to obtain two answers that have been nagging me for a very long time."

I nod, listening to Sybil, watching as the male with her takes into inspecting the room. The man watches the house, inspecting it to the last inch. "That's Drexel, a man who is on the King's Guard, the one of the King's personal bodyguards," Sybil explains as my attention is brought back upon her.

"Would you like something to drink? Coffee? Yea? Water?" I ask, at least trying to become a good host.

"Tea."