••• Twenty-One •••

"Mrs. Adams, I hope I'm not interrupting, but I was wondering if I could get the mail from where I was..."

Nixon pauses, his eyes catching a glimpse at me as those navy eyes scan over my body. Taking me in as it has been too long. "Lily," he states, his voice soft as I allow a smile to grace my lips.

"Hello, Nixon," I state, walking to the door as Mrs. Adams is still tense, faking a smile as I stand beside my mate. "How was the trip?"

"Long. How have you been?" He asks, his eyes stuck upon my gaze as Mrs. Adams rushes to get his mail. "I've missed you."

"As have I," I reply, my voice a whisper as he wraps an arm around my waist and kisses my temple. "You aren't leaving again, are you?"

Nixon shakes his head. "I don't plan on it," he responds, thanking Mrs. Adams as he hands him a bag containing stacks of mail. "Are you free right now?"

Looking to Mrs. Adams, I thank her for her company, leaving with Nixon as he holds me close, telling me about how a war is beginning and business had to be done up at the capitol. As he opens the front door of his mansion and pulls me inside, he places the mail on the floor, wrapping his arms around me as a kiss is placed gently upon my lips.

"I've missed you so much," he whispers, going back for another gentle kiss as I know we both hate vanilla. Vanilla is boring, and soon enough, Nixon agrees, placing a rather passionate kiss upon my lips as I wrap my legs around his waist, pulling him close to my body as I run my hands through his thick hair.

"I've missed this," I whisper, knowing where we are going as no time can be waisted.

The cold counter is beneath me, my fingers grasping onto the silk material of his shirt as I rip it open, his hands working fast to undress me as well.

After a fulfilling session and finally breathing with a normal pace, I pull on my bra and panties, running my hands through his hair as I cock my head to the side. "What were you doing at the palace?" I ask, trying to strike up conversation as Nixon grabs his attire thrown across the kitchen floor, watching me with every move.

"King Zion is preparing war. We need more men so his fiancé has been helping. Somehow she ran away and now he's on a chase to find her."

"He loves her?" I ask, watching as Nixon's jaw tenses.

"He does." Nixon does not like the subject of Sybil, the woman and yet girl. Sybil is just a girl, a young woman like myself thrown into a world. I was thrown into a work of werewolves and her into one of royalty. Both of us the strangers in our worlds, we have our roses and thorns. I like her, the fiancee of the Alpha King and a sweet individual. I wish her well, a long and prosperous life as that is all I know could await her. She deserves greatness and a life filled with joy, not stress. "How have you been?" Nixon asks, tearing me away from my thoughts as I take in the kitchen around us. Peering around the corner, the white piano lies in the light of the sunset, the instrument polished as Mrs. Adams comes to mind. A body laid across the top, naked and bloody. Lillian Rice died upon a piano. She died upon a white piano and the one within the walls of Nixon's house is a white piano. Hell, it cannot be the same one. It cannot be for that would be sick, for me to have plaid upon that work of art, for Nixon to have pushed me up against it and buried himself inside of me would be messed up in so many ways. He would of replaced that piano.

"How about we go out tonight, just the two of us, some solitude, and catch up?" Nixon asks, lips pressed against my ear as my stomach begins to form knots. "Lily?" My chin is lightly held by his fingers, eyes meeting mine as I simply nod my head.

"That sounds good," I reply, leaving his hold as I head up the familiar staircase. Nixon follows in pursuit, the two of us to get ready as he is still in work clothes and I in sweatpants. As the door opens to reveal the familiar room, something feels off this time. It's that I now know that another woman has been in here. Another woman has slept in this room and loved this man. Another woman has married this man and these two could not begin a family. Another woman had already won his heart and I was never told until weeks ago.