Protective Bruce

Robin didn't wake the whole transfer. Wally had him in his arms, blood leaked on his yellow suit but he didn't care. He helped apply pressure to his wound considering Dick was knocked out cold from the sudden surprise of the attack. When they arrived everyone piled out and Wally clutched Dicks growing cold body to his as they walked towards the entrance.

"I take it your mission was a success..." Batman faultered when he saw his protégé lying limb in Wally's arms. His mouth was blue with smeared blood around it, his hand that hung from the side of him was covered in blood and by the way KF's outfit looked, Bruce knew something was wrong. Immediately jumping into daddy bat mode, he rushed over to Wally. "What happened?"

"Later. Lets get Robin to the Medica-" before Wally could finish, he was being shoved by batman and once they got there, trusted Doctors took Robin from them and ushered the team, even Bruce, out of the room and closed the door.

No one has ever seen Batman look so... Lost before. He was staring at the door for a moment before turning to the team. His eyes immediately fell on Wally's suit which had still wet blood clinging to the yellow material.

"Now I ask again, what happened?" He asks, his voice wavering between anger and sadness.

No one spoke up at first, until Kauldur stepped forward, lowering his head slightly. "We got there and it was empty. There was no trace of the Brain or Deathstroke or any form of treachery there. That is until we regrouped out front and spotted Deathstroke, Sportsmaster and Cheshire, but no Brain." He explains.

"And how did Robin get like this?" Batman asks, tapping his foot impatiently.

Wally stepped forward this time, although he shrank back to his spot when he received a bat glare. "W-well we kind of attacked without a strategy and we all as a team tried to go after Sportsmaster and Cheshire first, but Robin was stuck with Deathstroke."

"You let Robin fight Deathstroke alone?!" Batman practically scolded, his voice was higher than it has ever been.

"We tried to go to him but we would get blocked!" Artemis shot in.

"When we saw Robin trip Deathstroke we thought he was winning, but then Deathstroke got angry and stabbed Robin. That's when Artemis actually got to him even though she was trying her hardest to get to him earlier." Kauldur explained.

"So not only did you bring back an injured team member, but you failed the mission?" Batman asks.

They all hung their head in shame. Batman yelled at them a little more before telling them to go change and wait for news. About 2 hours later and a pacing batman, the door to the medical Bay opened and the doctor walked out.

Wally shot up and zipped over to her in an instant, scaring her. "How is he?" He asks.

The girl stares for a moment before everyone gathered and she recollected herself, clearing her throat. "Well he is asleep for now, though I fear for his life." That hung depression over all their heads, but she continued. "The sword was covered in some sort of substance that makes clotting almost impossible. With that, he also had a dislocated shoulder, most likely from impact with the ground or tree of some sort and the sword broke one of his bones and punctured a lung. We managed to get the clotting substance out of his system and we managed to patch him up with two blood transfusions, but I fear the best we can do is make him comfy." She says, almost choking on the words as she say all their faces morph into horrid features the more details she laid on the table.

"Are you saying... No your not saying... Are you?" Wally couldn't finish. He couldn't bring himself to saw what everyone was thinking.

She glanced down. "I am afraid that is what im saying. You may go see him if you want." She says, stepping out of the way. "Im sorry." She turns and leaves, keeping the door open.

The team took a deep breath, their tears nearly on the brink of coming out but when they entered, those tears spilled over the dam and broke loose. Robin was on the bed, a tube sticking out of his mouth and a bunch of wires sticking to his body. He had gauze on his left bicep, around his stomach and his right shoulder. His mask was still on, but they knew he was alseep. They knew he was gonna be in this state for a while. They just hoped he wont... Die like the doctor hinted at.

"No..." Bruce breathed, stepping forward, shocking everyone as the batman broke character. He walked over to the boys side, shocking everyone once again by taking off his cowl. All of them, despite the depressing mood, could only gawk at the Dark Knight as he looked down at his protégé.

Wally stepped forward and put a hand on Bruce's shoulder. "It's okay Bruce. He will pull through. Dick's tougher than you think."

"You knew of Robins identity but never told us?!" Artemis practically yelled.

"Rob and Bat would've hung me upside down in the batcave by my big toes of i told you guys. I didn't want to be a bat so I kept it secret." Wally snaps.

Everyone snapped out of it as Robin jolted forward, his body starting to seize. "What do we do?!" Wally screamed, trying to hold down the boy wonder.

Just then the doctor rushed in and told him to put him on his side. The other teens rushed out of the room, this being too much for them to handle. "What's wrong?!" Bruce asks, holding him down.

"Just hold him down!" The doctor screamed.

She shoved a needle into his back and Robins body slowly stopped and became stiff once again.