Robin Awakens

It's been a little under a week since Robins fit and the team stopped taking turns every hour even though they knew they should. Robin has only awaken once since the whole ordeal and the last thing he says or mutters is about the last flying Grayson. The only person who really knew about that was Wally, but that didn't keep the others for wanting to know.

It was midnight in the cave and everyone was asleep except for Connor who was watching the static, unbeknownst to him that in the medic bay, a certain bird was awakening.

Robin's eyes slowly opened and was met with a darkened, yet lit room, looking around, but his body and neck were sore from the sudden movements. He tried to ignore them and sit up, grunting at his side's protest. Once he was in a sitting position, he lifted the sheets to see a bandage on his leg, one that wrapped his torso and all the way up to his right shoulder and down his bicept. He cursed under his breath, all of the events coming back to him.

His back hurt as well, probably from the tree and his lip felt busted as well as his chin. He glanced around, his neck now loosened enough to spot a clock on the other end of the room reading : 12:26. By the way the lights were he could only assume A.M. He swung his feet over the side of the bed, feeling his side throb at that. Since he was still so short, he slid off the bed and was surprised to feel the coldness on his feet. Although Gravity did not agree with his movement and sent his plummeting to the ground, catching the IV he was hooked to, crash as well, sending a loud crash through out the silent mountain. Robin grunted, shakily trying to sit up, knowing he just opened his wounds. He looked down to see the metal pole that the IV bag was hanging on was now on the ground next to him.

He heard some foot steps, but didn't bother with them as he tried to stand, his body feeling like a sack of cows. He grabbed for something that only pushed farther and fell to the ground again with a grunt.

The door shoved open and someone rushed over to help him up. To Dick's surprise, it was Connor. Dick was sat back down on the bed although Dick was panting harshly, holding his side.

"Your awake?! What were you doing?!" Connor shouted.

Dick glanced down at his dangling feet and glared. "I don't know. I thought I was okay to walk but I guess I am not." Dick says, trying to not show how much his lungs hurt and his side. He felt the blood start to seep through so he gripped it tighter, trying to hide it.

"You have been out for about a week! Of course you aren't gonna be okay to walk!" Connor shouted, fixing his bathrobe.

Robins eyes were starting to close again. He could feel he wasn't getting enough oxygen. He knew, no matter how much he hated it, needed help. He gripped Connors shoulder with a death grip. "I... Need... Help." He says as he pointed to his side and his heavy breathing.

Without another word, Connor rushed outside and went to wake up Kauldur who knew what to do in the situation and told him that Robin needed help. Kauldur was surprised to hear that and was even more surprised to hear that Robin was awake. He rushed to call batman down here and within about 15 minutes, Batman was at the cave. Through the whole thing, the whole team eventually awoke, although they didn't know what was going on until Batman rushed into the medical bay to see Robin panting and holding his side. What set them off was his IV bags on the floor.

"What happened?" Batman asked as he rushed over and helped Dick sit back down.

"He tried to get up but ended up on the floor." Connor explained.

Batman grabbed Robin a mask, knowing he needed oxygen. He was gonna need oxygen until his punctured lung healed. "Keep this on." He ordered. Robin nodded.

After a while of changing banages and what not, Dick was sitting up again and looking at the whole team. He glared. "Why did you guys leav... Leave me alone?!" He finally shouted.

M'gaan put her head down and shrugged. "We didn't mean to. We thought you looked good but it ended up being bad. We didn't mean too."

Dick was about to answer but instead he just lied back and closed his eyes. "I still could've used... Some... Help." He said until he fell asleep. The others were very sad. They felt very bad for leaving Dick, seeing him so injured had filled them with guilt. They sighed and walked out of the room without another word.