Original Chapter Seven: Breakfast with the King

~Chapter Seven: Breakfast with the King~

Waking up alone was not how I planned the morning starting off. Not that I actually planned anything, but the fact remains; waking up in a cold bed was not on my to-do list. In fact, I half expected to wake up on a beach or back in the prison, or at the very least in the bed of the room I woke up in last time. Instead, I found myself tucked into the same bed I accidentally passed out on, minus the black bed cover.

It takes a lot of struggling to sit up before the covers actually relent enough for me to do so. My legs remain trapped, though. That is why I end up falling on my head when I try to dive over the side of the bed upon seeing what is waiting for me outside the large, now-uncovered windows.

Faces.

Yanking harshly on the bed sheets to free my legs, I slide down the rest of the way to the ground until I am lying on the cold floor beside the bed. After my heart has stopped trying to beat its way out of my chest, I risk a look over the edge of the bed. Sure enough, the Mer lounging outside the window have not dispersed in the minute I gave them. If anything, they look more curious now than when I first woke up, all three of them are looking at me through the glass.

Don't they have something better to do?

When one of them – a blond mermaid with a silver tail – spots me, she waves, a large smile on her face. The two others regard me with open curiosity. While it is now clear to me that they are not a threat, there is still a problem that remains.

I'm not wearing pants.

When I look towards the side of the room where I remember my pants being discarded, they are gone. A more thorough search reveals a folded set of clothes on the chair. Near the window. This discovery prompts a groan from me. At least Nero took the liberty of cleaning me off after last night. The only place that feels slightly sticky is my backside, though I am not sure if it is from lube, or cum.

I wait a few minutes, but only the two male Mer swim off in that time, leaving the blond girl. When I make a shooing gesture, she only smiles wider and taps the glass. She appears to be trying to say something, but the sound doesn't travel through the water and glass very well. I shrug my shoulders and shake my head in the universal sign of 'I have no idea what you're saying, so stop trying'.

The girl looks frustrated, but only continues to tap at the glass, ticking me off. I repeat the shooing gesture. While I cannot be sure, it looks like she snorts. Fish Girl crosses her arms in front of – what can only be described as – her bikini top made of two uncomfortable-looking shells and raises a blond eyebrow. I am on the verge of standing up – clothes or not – to give her a piece of my mind when the bedroom door opens, directing both our attention over to the Mer in the doorway.

Nero does not even glance at me before walking over to the window. "Stop teasing my guest, Amica," he says, though I doubt she can hear him through the glass. However, to my surprise, the girl rolls her eyes and says something in reply. Nero nods as he replies to whatever she said, "We'll be talking that over during breakfast."

After sticking out her tongue at Nero – a prince – Amica swims off, making me wonder who she is. In Yabrogath, insulting a member of the royal family would either lead to exile or death. Nero turns away from the window and eyes what he can see of me, as I am still half-hidden behind the bed. A little embarrassed that I was hiding from a girl, I stand up. His attention does not even flicker downwards before he is turning away and picking up the set of clothes on the chair.

He walks around the bed to hand them to me, though I do not fail to notice how he goes out of his way to make sure his hands do not graze mine. I try not to let it bother me – but it does, and it feels like someone put a weight on my chest – as I drop the clothes onto the bed and pull on the black lounge pants that match his. Instead, I plaster a lazy smile on my face that absolutely does not falter when he looked away again, "I hope I wasn't a bad lay."