31

I woke up and Julissa and I went to breakfast together. I wasn't even hungry for real. I just felt sick. I sat at a table with her and picked at my food. A few women were staring at me from across the room.

"Why they staring?" I asked her.

"They think they're the topdogs or some shit. Keep an eye out for them in the bathroom and near storage closets." She explained.

"They better not fuck with me. I might look skinny but I'm all muscle. I swear I don't want no trouble in this place." I replied shaking my head.

"Well that's gonna be hard. Bitches always up here fighting. Especially in the courtyard. Shit is crazy."

One Year Later (yes ik it's drastic)

I was cleaning the kitchen up, since that's my job, when an officer came to get me.

"Let's go." He said.

"Go where?"

"Your chariot awaits. You're outta here." I followed him confused as hell. I didn't say anything though. I got there and I swear I almost had a panic attack when I seen Ray standing in the lobby. Bruhh what the fuck? Was I dreaming or what?

"Johnson, you were wrongly convicted. Sorry to say. Here's your clothes." I changed my clothes trying not to fuck up my chances.

I was escorted out and handed over to Ray. She looked at me as if she wanted to explain. I just walked outside and started to walk down the street. I didn't want an explanation. I killed Crys for killing Ray who isn't even dead. I felt sick.

I started to run now. I didn't want to talk to her at all. It all felt surreal.

"Jalea stop running!" Ray yelled. She was driving a Rolls Royce and it amazed me how cool she was about all this.

I stopped in my tracks and got in the backseat of the car. If I kept running, I knew I would pass out from heat.

"I know you probably have a lot going through your head right now. I never thought you would try to kill Crys. She isn't dead either though. She helped me fake my death. I was paid 5 million dollars to fake dead and drop all contact with you-"

"AND? You did that shit? ARE YOU DEADASS RIGHT NOW? YO. Drop me off at my house man. I'm over this already." I said rolling my eyes.

"Shut your mouth damn! I did this for the both of us." She said getting loud. I just laughed.

"You broke my heart for the both of us? You had me kill my friend for the both of us? You had me in prison while you were out getting rich for the both of us? You ruined my world. But that was for the both of us right? I don't want shit to do with you anymore Suriya. I give no fucks that you got money now. I still have money. I don't need yours. I'm a fucking dumbass for ever falling in love with you. If you actually loved me back then you would have left me there or never done the shit at all!" I said. I felt myself breaking. She stopped talking after that.

It was an hour drive to get to my mom's neighborhood. I seen Bria and Mikayla sitting on Bria's porch. It was like nothing changed.

I got out the car and ignored them looking at me. I ran inside the house and locked the door. My mom was sitting on the couch with some guy. She looked at me and jumped up from the couch.

"Jalea! Oh my goodness. All they told me is that you got arrested for murder. Wouldn't even let me come see you." She said pulling me into a hug. I just broke into a fit of tears.

"I got out. I was wrongly convicted and they just found out." I said. She shook her head and took me to the kitchen.

"You hungry?" She asked pulling a tray of quesadillas out of the fridge. I nodded and she handed me a plate. I filled with food and put it in the microwave.

"So tell me, what was it like in there?"

"It wasn't even that bad. Julissa was there for a drug heist. So I had her. But I really just worked out every day." I explained getting a coke from the fridge.

"Explains why you have these muscles. Well I'm just glad you're home. Are you staying here or going to your house? I've had someone watch it and landscape the yard while you were gone."

"Thank you. I think I'll go there tonight. I can come back tomorrow though. I just want some alone time." I said.

"Okay love. I'll introduce you to Mike tomorrow then. Just eat and enjoy yourself." I smiled and she left the kitchen. I ate my food and sat there for awhile. Thankful to be out but my anger was off the charts towards Ray and Crys.

I threw my plate in the sink and took my coke outside. Ray was still sitting in the driveway talking to Bria and Mikayla.

I walked right past them and started to walk to my house. Would have been a long walk but I didn't mind it.

Bria ran up and caught me halfway down the street.

"Can I walk with you?" She asked. I nodded.

"What did Ray tell you?" I asked.

"She told us everything. About how she faked it all and so did Crys. How she was sorry-"

"Aye if you're taking her side in this then you can go right back over there." I said rolling my eyes.

"I'm not! I was just saying. But what about Crys? Are you gonna go talk to her?" She asked.

"I guess. I don't want to worry about that right now though." I said.

"Okay well you look good. You been working out?" She asked feeling my arm. I smirked and nodded.

"Yeah. So if somebody pissed me off in prison I could just knock em out. I don't gotta worry about that anymore but I still like to have muscle." I explained.

"I'm glad it didn't make you crazy. My dad got out of prison a few months ago and he acts so different." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"I'm never gonna change. I'm always gonna go through shit. But I'll always be me. Still dope. Still pimpin. Still from the South Side. Still J."