Chapter 5: The Remedy Causing Dilemma

Copyright © zylgnagnaba 2013

My alarm clock starts buzzing at exactly 7:00 AM, I assume as I was the one who set it last night. Despite the urge of falling back to sleep, I get up from the bed with eyes still closed as though I am sleepwalking. I got a photo shoot at 10 for a magazine today so I have to get ready as early as possible to make a good impression with the clients.

I don’t know what I did last night that my energy is drained for today. With my eyes slightly open, I walk groggily towards the mirror and close my eyes again when Careless Whisper started playing in my head.

I’m never gonna dance again
Guilty feet have got no rhythm
Though it's easy to pretend,
I know you're not a fool

Should have known better than to cheat a friend
And waste the chance that I've been given
So I’m never gonna dance again
The way I danced with you, oh, oh __

The rhythm of the song keeps playing in my head as I got easily swept by it. I raise my hands to the air and sway them. I swing my hips from side to side along with my head while my feet are dramatically tapping on the floor. I get so lost to the music and I am oblivious to my environment.

“I didn’t know you could dance like that.” A raspy voice pipes up from behind me.

My eyes shut open quickly, and I see Harry standing by the doorway through the reflection of the mirror. I immediately entwined my arms upon my chest and insert both hands in my armpits to cover my seemingly obvious bumps since I only wore a thin sheet of tank top last night.

I turn to face him and slur, “How many times have I told you about knocking, you moron?” I grimace.

“I did. You just didn’t hear it. I have to use the bathroom.” He smirks.

My face relaxes in his explanation and say, “Okay. Let me brush my teeth first.”

“Alright.” He says while plopping himself down on the bed and sigh, “Ahh! I miss this bed.” He gibes.

I just continue walking to the bathroom and ignore his words. He’s perhaps making me realize to let him sleep on the bed already. That’s not going to happen. I can’t sleep with lights off and neither trading places with him would make it any better. I’m never going to sleep on a couch. Never!

I remove the pink bathrobe from the hook and dab it on. I ski to the sink and take my toothbrush, open the faucet and fill the glass with water, put an enough amount of toothpaste on the brush and started brushing.

After my moments inside the bathroom, I step out and spot Harry sitting on one side of the bed just done sliding back in the drawer. I think he just returned something inside when he sensed me coming out.

My brows narrow and ask him suspiciously, “What were you doing?”

“Na-nothing.” He mumbles.

“Are you sure?” I raise my right eyebrow.

“Yes. Are you done? I’ll use the bathroom now.” He gibbers.

He quickly stands up, ruffle his curls and walk past me and into the bathroom. I trail my look to him as he enters the bathroom, unsure but I shrug off.

I tip-toed to the drawer, intending to investigate. I carefully and nervously hold the knob inconspicuously. What is he keeping here? Does he have a gun? Maybe.Drugs? I guess. Oh no! why would he take drugs? But what if he does? There’s only one way to find out- Open this …

BOOKS! He reads books?

That’s a shocker. I sigh in relief and close the drawer. As interesting as they may seem, I don’t have the time to read a single page of book right now.