Chapter 15: Mixed Thoughts and Emotions

Behold, I give you six new chapters to make up for slacking for weeks. HAHA
I’m sorry for those who waited, but here it goes!

This chapter is dedicated to lupgup.
Sorry to keep you waiting! LOL

I’m going to choose Change Your Life by Little Mix as this chapters’ theme song.
Because the song consistently makes me cry and it talks about friendship.
And I really miss my friends already. Sigh.

Enjoy reading, hope you like it!

*********************************************************

 Copyright © zylgnagnaba 2013

I proceed casually to the cafeteria with a lunch trey in my hands. I stop by the aisle, in between the lunch tables occupied by diverse students, I don’t even know where I supposed to be seated. I rummage to the left side, the tables are occupied by Goths, the next table are the nerds; the third table is occupied with glee members. At the right side, football athletes, cheerleaders and lastly, the popular people in school composed of mostly blonde girls; and the rest of the tables are other bunch whom I couldn’t classify into groups. In all seriousness, I am completely torn. Where do I belong?

“Hey! Over here!” One straight blonde girl from the last table at the right side calls my attention, waving her hand in. I flutter and shut open my eyes, I stroke my hair and check its colour. Nope, not blonde. Why would she call me to sit with them?

But anyway, I proceed briskly to their table, utterly confused and caught unaware of what’s happening but I went with it, just to get a table where I could devour my lunch.

“Gail, are you okay? You seem troubled.” The girl asks concernedly as I went nearer to their table. Who the heck is Gail? “Come here, sit with me.” She scoots over to lend a seat.

The next happening took me by surprise. Another blonde girl, only curly, appeared from my left side, carrying with herself a lunch trey. I glanced at my hands, my lunch trey is gone. The girl hastily walk past me and casually sit on the seat that was supposedly mine, or so I thought.

“Ugh. You don’t want to know.” The seemingly annoyed curly blonde girl rolls her eyes. Maybe she’s Gail. Wow, this is embarrassing. I presumed I was the one the other girl was calling out.

She’s only an inch shorter than me, skinny, fine-toned body, she’s really gorgeous and she could be a model too. Her eyes were fiery and her lips were as red as the poinsettia during Christmas but she seems innocent still. Her looks is very striking and gaining attention from the other lads wouldn’t be difficult for her.

I stood by their table but no one seems to notice. I felt invisible. They went on chattering together while eating their lunch. I know I had to go out but I don’t know why my feet doesn’t follow my mind. I felt like a ghost travelling anywhere, my head was light.

“Hey Gail.” I hear the other girl whisper to the beautiful lass. “He’s coming.” She alerts.

The innocent-looking Gail then pulls out this very sinister smile. She suddenly turned into one of these scary villains you see in movies whom you know wouldn’t do any good just by looking at their evil smile. You know something bad is bound to happen. I felt the hair by my neck start to stand up just by staring at her detrimental eyes raging with anger and grudge.

She even looked worse when she glances behind her. I trace her sight and I saw this quaint-looking teenage boy, frail and the slouching of his back while carrying his trey made him look more inferior. He looks down at the ground while walking inside the cafeteria, seemingly lacking of confidence to look at other students’ eyes.