Chapter Fifteen

Niall's P.O.V.

I didn't know what else to do. I panicked. After the ambulance took Zayn to the hospital, I called Erin. I didn't know Zayn's home phone, so I didn't know how to contact his family. Erin told me she was on her way back to Calgary in a few hours, and I had to admit, I was pretty happy. I missed her. She was the only one I knew who understood the pain of losing family.

"Mr. Horan, right?" I look up and see a male doctor holding a clipboard. I nod. "Do you know when Erin Halder is coming? Zayn is going to need her blood soon and if his body doesn't get it at the right time, we'll try using the closest blood type we have, but it might not be compatible."

"I understand, Dr. How many hours until you need the blood?" I ask, scared of the answer.

"The longest we can extend it is 2 more hours. After that, the operation is going to be critical," He informs me. I sigh shakily, and nod. I don't want to lose anyone else. If that happens, then I'm going to lose more people this month, than I have ever lost people in my whole life. I take out my phone and call Erin.

"Niall. I'm still at the connecting flight. I'm in Toronto awaiting my flight there in half an hour. In what time should I be there?" She asks. I can hear from the other side that she's breathing heavily, and running.

"You have to be here in two hours Erin. Zayn's going to die if they give him the wrong blood type," I answer her, rushing.

"Don't you dare say that Zayn's going to die, you hear me? He's going to hang in there. He's been through so much in his life, that this is only going to be a tiny little thing. You've got to hang in there Niall." I nod, and remember that she can't see me.

"Just get back here as quick as possible please. We're in the emergency area. He's in room 127 and I'm in the waiting area," I tell her. She mumbles and we both hang up.

Seconds pass by, then minutes. And before I know it, an hour's already gone. The clock is ticking, and at that moment, I wished I could stop time.

"Niall!" Erin calls.

Wait, Erin? I must be dreaming. She said she gets on her plane in turdy minutes and her flight would take an hour. She's supposed to be here half an hour from now.

"Niall!" There it goes again. Before I know it, she fills up my vision. I stand up, shocked, but in a good way.

"You're thirty minutes early!" I say, my mouth is still agape. She widens her arms and I make my move to hug her. She wraps her arms around me and I nuzzle my face into the crook of her neck.

"An old lady gave up her family's tickets. She told us we needed it more than she did, and so she kindly gave us four of the plane seats." Erin breathes. We let go of each other.

"We?"

Three people come rushing behind her. Two are male and one is female. One of the males has brown hair which is swiped up to the right of his face. He's holding hands with a girl who has wavy brown hair, dip dyed at the end. The other guy has curly hair. His facial expression is a different one from all the others. He seems nervous, afraid even.

"Yeah, this is Louis, Eleanor, and Harry," Erin introduces.

"No time for meet and greets! Go to Zayn right now!" Says Louis.

"Oh right!" I mumble. I lead Erin to Zayn's room and walk inside.

"Are you Erin Halder?" The doctor asks her.

She nods and he gestures her to take a seat on the chair.

"We will require you to fill out a form afterwards, but right now is an emergency and we urgently need your blood. Can you please roll up your sleeve?" The doctor instructs. She obeys him and rolls up her sweater to her shoulder. The doctor cleans up a spot on her arm with alcohol and inserts the needle into her arm. After that, the nurse disposes of the needle and the doctor puts a tube where the needle was, and bandages it there to stay in place. There's a bag at the end of the tube, and it's quickly filling up with blood.