02

ok so i lowkey just finished writing this entire book and yeah there's gonna be a sequel, but we have a long way to go so be patient and i know like n o o n e is reading this, but i have hope that it'll get more reads eventually so i'm just gonna keep posting whenever i feel like :) thank you if you are reading this though!! i really appreciate it!

//

    there was small chatter as finn entered their camp with an arm around kodie's waist, keeping her safe incase someone decided to charge, thinking she was a grounder.

    "what the hell is this?" a boy asks, approaching them with a boy on each of his sides.

    "none of your business, murphy." finn rolls his eyes.

    "john murphy?" kodie raises an eyebrow. "the boy that had an alcoholic mom and abusive dad."

    "yeah, sorry i don't know your background story." he mumbles sarcastically.

    "i'm sure you do." she crosses her arms over her chest. "everyone knows my story."

    "let's go." finn directs her away from murphy and his followers before leading her over to the drop ship.

    "people really have a habit of staring." she mumbles to the boy next to her.

    "probably because your face is covered in mud." he smirks. they walk into the drop ship and finn goes up the ladder first, making his way up to the third level. kodie was just at his heels and as she got to the third floor she wasn't surprised to see a blonde girl whiping a handcrafted knife towards her face. "put the knife away, clarke. she's not a grounder."

    "clarke griffin?" kodie questions.

    "how do you know my name?" the blonde says, still holding the knife out.

    "i'm pretty sure everyone on the ark knows who you are." kodie laughs lightly, looking from finn, to the asian boy kneeling next to an unconscious boy, then to clarke again.

    "you're from the ark?" she eyes her mud covered face. "i don't recognise you."

    "kodie jacobs." the brunette extends her hand and as clarke slowly pulls the knife away from her face she sticks her hand out also. kodie grabs the girl's arm and shakes the way she had been taught since she was down here.

    "holy shit," the asian boy stands up. "you're the girl that got sent to earth three years ago."

    kodie smacks her lips together, making a popping sound. "that would be me."

    "how are you alive?" he gasps.

    "she's a badass." finn smiles, hugging her side.

    "wow," clarke speaks up again. "you're like a legend on the ark."

    "well," kodie jokingly flips her hair over her shoulder before turning to the injured boy as he started to moan in pain. she quickly stepped pass clarke and kneels down in front of the boy. "you need to cut away the infected flesh." she orders.

    clarke rushed over with her knife and ordered the asian boy to form a small fire to sterilise the blade. "now's not a great time for introductions, but this is wells, monty and this poor soul is jasper." clarke says as monty hands her the sterilised knife.

    "chancellor jaha's son." kodie nods sternly, kneeling down next to monty on the other side of clarke.

    "hold him down." clarke orders. wells holds down jasper's legs while kodie puts her arm over his collarbones to keep his chest down; monty went for his waist. jasper screamed out in pain as clarke dug the knife in him, cutting out the infected flesh.

    "you're killing him!" someone shouts, coming up the stairs. she kneels down by his head and looks up at kodie. "who the hell are you?"

    "i really don't think right now is the perfect time for introductions, but don't worry. she's not killing him. she needs to get rid of the infected flesh so that it doesn't spread."

    finn rushed over to help hold him down as he started to move more and once clarke was done the brunette that rudely interrupted pressed a wet rag to jasper's forehead.

    "she can't save him." a new voice spoke, causing kodie to look up.

    "back off." wells steps forward and pushes the boy away from the group holding down jasper.

    "we didn't drag him through miles of woods just to let him die." clarke snaps.

    "kid's a goner. if you can't see that you're deluded. he's making people crazy." the boy retorts.

    "yeah, well you're making me crazy with all the negative energy, so be quiet or get out." kodie glares before turning back to jasper.

    clarke adds on, "sorry if jasper is a inconvenience to you, but this isn't the ark. down here every life matters."

    the kid scoffs, "take a look at him. he's a lost cause."

    clarke glances over at the brown haired girl next to her. "octavia, i've watched my mother heal people my whole life. if i say there's hope, there's hope."

    "this isn't about hope, it's about guts." the boy shakes his head. "you don't have the guts to make the hard choices. i do. he's been like this for three days. if he's not better by tomorrow, i'll kill him myself." he turns to leave and kodie quickly stands up.

    "you've been here for five minutes and you're already pissing me off."

    "who the hell even are you?" he snaps.

    she glares, "your worst nightmare."

    "kodie, you've been here the longest." clarke stands up, looking at the girl. "is there anyway of healing this at least a little quicker?"

    "seaweed." kodie answers right away. "red seaweed."

    "i know what she's talking about." wells says.

    "clarke and i can go find some." finn speaks up. "i know where a river is."

    "does anyone besides kodie or i even know what this stuff looks like?" wells asks. "i'm going too."

    "want to come too?" clarke asks kodie.

    "she should stay here." finn says. "she knows how to make knives and stuff, so she can help do that."

    "can we get to the introductions now?" octavia asks. "you definitely were not on the drop ship." she reached out to poke kodie's cheek and scrunched up her nose as dry mud fell to the floor. "and what's with the mud mask?"

    "kodie jacobs." the brunette introduces herself. "born and raised most of my life on the ark; came down to the ground three years ago."

    "that's you?" the obnoxious brunette spoke up, uncrossing his arms. "i thought you died."

    "i'm pretty alive." kodie shrugs, placing her hands on her hips.

    "how did you survive the grounders?" he asks with furrowed eyebrows.

    "avoided them." she shrugs. "i'm also pretty good at defending myself."

    "good to know." he mumbles before turning to octavia. "let's go, octavia."

    "i'm staying here." octavia mumbles, pressing the wet rag to jasper's temple again.

    the boy shakes his head and leaves. monty begins mumbling out loud. "power-hungry, self-serving jackass. he doesn't care about anyone but himself." he glances over at octavia. "no offence."

    kodie goes to speak, confused, but finn pulls her aside. "long story short, bellamy and octavia are siblings."

    "guess i'm not the only legend on the ark, huh?" she smirks.

    "guess not," octavia walks over. "we can be legends together though."

    kodie nods with a smile, "sounds good to me."

//

this is just the beginning of kodie's journey