05

the talk about wells' death spread around camp rather fast. someone had woken up and was supposed to take over wells' shift of guarding the wall, but all they found was his dead body and three missing fingers from him.

kodie was currently in the drop ship hanging out with monty while he tried to get a connection to the ark. "octavia's bracelet didn't work." monty explains.

"who else is willing to give up their bracelet?" kodie asks.

"me." clarke says as she walks into the drop ship. finn walks in behind her with his arms crossed over his chest, but remains by the door as clarke holds out her arm for monty to get the wristband off.

"you sure?" monty glances up at the blonde.

clarke nods, "positive."

as monty begins trying to pry off the wristband clarke winces a bit in pain. kodie walks over to finn and crosses her arms over her chest like he was doing. "so, what's going on with you and clarke?"

"nothing." he shakes his head quickly.

kodie eyes him, "it better be nothing." she wanders back over to monty as he cheers.

"yes! it's still operational."

clarke walks over to finn and he gives her a look. "what? monty need a working wristband."

"and you needed to punish your mom." he retorts, causing kodie to raise an eyebrow, but she didn't question it.

"look," clarke sighs, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. "they're running out of air and we need their help. my mother thinking i'm dead is only temporary."

"not if i can't patch it through the drop ship mainframe." monty speaks up, looking over his shoulder at the two. "i can do it. we'll be talking to the ark by nightfall."

× × ×

"heard you were being an asshole earlier, my trash prince." kodie smirks, crossing her arms over her chest as she stood next to murphy while he supervised people work on the wall.

"well i'm trash, right?" he smirks. "gotta act like it."

"you're the good kind of trash." she nudges his shoulder.

"there's a good kind?" he jokes, glancing over at her.

"last night was fun." kodie licks her lips. "it was nice being able to talk to someone."

"i'm free whenever you need me." he smiles, but is soon shoved to the side.

"you son of a bitch!"

"who the hell pissed in your cheerios?" kodie scoffs.

"recognise this?" clarke ignored kodie and shoved the blade in front of murphy's face.

"it's my knife. where'd you find it?" murphy reaches out for his knife, but clarke pulled it back.

"where you dropped it after you killed wells."

kodie shouted "what?" the same time murphy said "where i what?"

murphy glances around at the delinquents who were now forming a circle around the three. "the grounders killed wells, not me."

"i know what you did." clarke shakes her head. "and you're gonna pay for it."

"really?" murphy scoffs. "bellamy, you really believe this crap?"

"you threatened to kill him. we all heard you. you hated wells." clarke says.

"plenty of people hated wells." murphy states the obvious. "his father was the chancellor that locked us up."