09

kodie's hair whipped in her face as rain poured from the sky and the wind was heavy, almost knocking the brunette down quite a few times. after waiting around for hours kodie got bored, so she decided to go for a walk and look in the opposite direction from where bellamy and his followers had gone. a storm had came short after and kodie decided to make her way back towards camp, remembering seeing a cave on her way out. she would hang out in the cave until the storm died down.

    after taking a small catnap she looked outside of the cave to see that the sun was rising and there was no more storm, but lots of damage. branches scattered the ground and birds were chirping loudly in the trees.

    kodie ran her fingers through her knotty hair and began walking back to the camp. rustling leaves around her caused her to stand still and as she reached for her the knife in her belt loop an arm wrapped around her neck and a blade pressed to her throat.

"you would've been dead already if it wasn't me." the familiar grounder voice made kodie's eyes widen and quickly move away from him.

"nyko?" kodie stares at him in confusion. "what are you doing out here?"

"looking for you." he clenches his jaw. "i was up in the trees and didn't see you in the camp before the storm, so i figured you took one of the random walks you always liked."

she eyes him, "okay, but why are you looking for me?"

"because i would like to know why you took lincoln captive." his voice was angry and kodie was beyond confused.

"i what?" she scoffs. "i didn't take lincoln captive. i would never."

"good to know that you're not completely like them." he shakes his head. "your people took lincoln during the storm. i saw, but i didn't have my weapons on me, so i couldn't fight."

"you never need weapons to fight." kodie raises an eyebrow. "you could take twenty people will just your hands."

"that's besides the point, kodie. they have lincoln."

kodie grits her teeth. "not on my watch. i got this, don't worry."

she rushed off in the direction of camp without giving nyko a second glance. her ankle started to hurt when she slipped on a wet log, but that didn't stop her from running. if lincoln was already dead she had no idea what she would do with herself. when the camp wall came into view she paused to catch her breath and started limping towards camp. the storm had done some damage to the wall, but everyone was putting it back up together.

"kodie?" she looked up from the grass and saw jasper standing by the gate. "kodie, what the hell?" he rushes over and wraps an arm around her waist, letting her drape her arm around his shoulders as he helped her walk back inside the wall. "what happened to you?"

"nothing." she shakes her head. "i just slipped and twisted my ankle."

"kodie!" octavia rushes over. she glances over at jasper before clearing her throat. "i got her, jasper."

"i'm honestly fine." kodie shakes her head, pulling herself away from both people. "where's bellamy?"

"he's out hunting, but he'll be back soon. kodie, listen—"

"i don't have time for this." kodie huffs, limping towards the drop ship.

"kodie," octavia says desperately as she grabs kodie's arm. "they have a grounder in there."

kodie pulls away from the brunette's grip and nods once, "i know." she enters the drop ship and notices raven, finn, and clarke. finn was laying down on a table, shirtless, with a bandage over his ribs. "finn, what the hell happened?"