07

"why murphy?" bellamy had spoken first after their twenty minutes of silence.

    "why murphy what?" she asks, grabbing the straps of her backpack.

    "out of everyone in the camp, why would you pick murphy as your prince?" he questions.

    "why? are you jealous?" she smirks.

    "jealous is an ugly thing." he responds.

    "then i guess you're ugly." she smiles, skipping ahead. the sun was about to rise and when the pod came into view she stopped in her tracks.

    bellamy wasted no time jogging ahead and lifting up the door to the pod. he immediately pulled out his knife and sliced through the wires of a radio before giving her a nod and wandered back into the woods. kodie climbed into the pod and looked at the unconscious person in the spacesuit.

    "oh my god." kodie whispers as she reaches out to touch the girl. "oh my—raven! raven!" she nudges her and raven soon jumps awake, startled.

    "i made it?" she asks and kodie nods quickly before stepping out of the pod. she watches raven unclip the space helmet and she slides the suit off her body before stepping out on to the grass. "wow," she sighs, spinning in a circle with her arms out. it had begun to drizzle just a few minutes earlier. "is this rain?"

    kodie smiles, "welcome home."

    raven turns back to the girl and furrows her eyebrows. "you look so familiar."

    "i would hope so." kodie laughs lightly. "i mean, i've was only one of your best friends for eleven years."

    "no way." raven shakes her head. "i can't believe you're alive!" she throws her arms around the younger girl and hugs her tight. "i thought you were dead for sure."

    "yeah, i thought i was too, but i made it." kodie shrugs. "and so did you."

    "have you been with our people?" she asks.

    kodie nods, "yeah, i left before everyone else to check out the pod before any grounders beat us to it."

    "oh my gosh." a new voice joins in and the two brunettes turn to see clarke. kodie hides the scowl on her face as raven smiles at the blonde.

    "hey, i'm raven."

    before clarke could respond finn came into view and as he noticed raven his eyes widened. "raven?"

    raven's face lit up at the sight of her boyfriend. "finn!" she rushes over to him, hugging him just as tight as she had hugged kodie.

    "they know each other?" clarke asks the brunette.

    kodie crosses her arms over her chest. "they're dating; of course they know each other." clarke looks over to see the couple sharing a kiss and a frown formed on her face.

    when raven started to fall over kodie rushes over and helps finn sit her on a rock. he takes off his jacket and drapes it over her arms before saying he was going to get something for her head. clarke pulled an ice pack out of her bag and handed it to finn. they exchanged a few words before walking over together.

    finn hands raven the ice pack and she holds it to her head. kodie had been so shocked to see the girl that she hadn't even noticed the blood dripping from her best friend's forehead. "this is clarke. she was on the drop ship."

    raven quickly stands up. "clarke? this was all because of your mom."

"my mom?" clarke asks, shocked.

raven nods, "this was all her plan. we were trying to come down here together. if we waited—oh my god." she rushes past everyone and heads back over to the pod. "we couldn't wait because the council was voting whether to kill three hundred people to save air."

"when?" clarke asks.

"today. we have to tell them you're alive." she looks back in the pod and sighs. "the radio's gone. it must've gotten loose during reentry. i should've strapped it to the a-strut. stupid!" she smacks the side of the pod in frustration and kodie bites her tongue, feeling a bit guilty.

"no, no, this is my fault." clarke shook her head. "someone got here before us. we have to find him." she looks at kodie. "you didn't see him?"

"no." kodie lies straight through her teeth. "he must've come and gone just before i got here."

"shit." she mumbles. "let's go." clarke was the first to run while finn and raven were hot on her heels. kodie was behind, but not too far and when the back of bellamy's head came into view kodie knew he was in deep shit. "hey! where is it?" clarke approaches him.

"hey, princess, you taking a walk in the woods?" bellamy asks casually since clarke was the first there.

"they're getting ready to kill three hundred people up there to save oxygen and i can guarantee you it won't be council members. it'll be working people." clarke points a finger at his chest. "your people."

finn rushes forward, shoving bellamy. "bellamy, where's the radio?"

bellamy shoves finn back. "i have no idea what you're talking about."

"bellamy blake?" raven stops to catch her breath. "they're looking everywhere for you."

"shut up." bellamy snaps glancing behind raven to look at kodie who raised her hands in surrender as a way of saying she didn't tell them anything.

"looking for him, why?" clarke asks.

"he shot chancellor jaha." raven crosses her arms over her chest.

kodie's eyes widened at the news and bellamy broke their gaze, looking at the trees around him. "that's why you took the wristbands." clarke scoffs. "you needed everyone to thing we're dead."

"all that 'whatever the hell we want'?" finn shakes his head. "you just care about saving your own skin. "

bellamy starts to walk away, but raven runs after him. "hey! shooter! where's my radio?" she steps in front of him so he couldn't walk any further.

"get out of my way." he glares at her.

"where is it?" she asks.

i should've killed you when i had the chance." he mumbles.

"really?" raven takes a step back and holds out her arms. "well, i'm right here." bellamy quickly grips her jacket and throws her against a tree and just as fast raven whipped a pocket knife from her pocket, holding it in front of bellamy's face. "where's my radio?"

"okay, stop it." clarke demands.

bellamy lets go of raven and moves away from them. "jaha deserved to die. you all know that."

"yeah, he's not my favourite person either." raven rolls her eyes. "but he isn't dead."

bellamy's eyes widen in shock. "what?"

raven laughs dryly. "you're a lousy shot."

clarke walks up to bellamy again. "bellamy, don't you see what this means? you're not a murderer. you always did what you had to do to protect your sister. that's who you are. and you can do it again by protecting three hundred of your people. where's the radio?"

bellamy looks over at kodie and shakes his head. "it's too late."